Used 1995 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Outstanding oldie
By PeterG

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car a month ago for 2K, and for an old vehicle it has held very well. I hope that it will continue to give good service. The only thing not working is the stereo and clock. Runs great and is giving me an average of 25 mpg.

Acceleration and comfort!

Love my Avalon
By Linda

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I bought the Avalon with 14k miles on it through auction and have LOVED it ever since. Now has 215,000 miles on it, gets 26-28 mpg, runs smooth, quiet, and is a classy drive. Passengers like the big back seat, lots of trunk space, carries 6 when needed (bench seat), can't say enough about what a great car this is. I spent a little extra to get really nice sound system installed by Toyota. I use good gas and religiously change oil/filter and have checkups when due. Toyotas are the best and this Avalon is their pearl.

Smooth, comfortable, quiet ride; great gas mileage and reliability; classy.

Wish the back seat could drop down to carry big items. I probably would not have bought a Lexus RX as a second car if had this feature in the Avalon.

A good faithful car
By Cubsmom

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I love my Avalon. It's roomy inside and has ample trunk space. It would be a good car for a student to have. It's reliable and gets about 23 MPG city. It's certainly not flashy in any way, but mine has some nice features like an electric seat adjuster and a moon roof. It's more responsive than my husband's SUV and it has a nice smooth ride too. So maybe this car isn't a fancy flavor like Rocky Road, It's vanilla, but I can live with that.

Reliability, interior comfort

Overall great car
By Patrick

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Bought mine with 111,000 miles in 2002. Only issue was at 125,000 miles, broken electrical sensor which tells it to shift into O/D. It now has 194,000 (June 2008) and still runs great. The left front cv joint should be replaced soon, but this is common on all FWD cars, right? Rear struts are a little noisy, but the rear tires wear normally. 27mpg average. 24mpg if I really push it. 30mpg for long highway trips at 78-80mph. Power and steering response are great. Several times at high speed, I've swerved to miss objects and never spun out. This car is almost impossible to lose control of, like a C172 for you pilots. Overall excellent buy worth the little extra $ up front.

ECT power button for passing. Extremely excellent handling. Great gas mileage for a powerful luxury sedan.

None.

Great Car!
By DNew

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Avalon at 116K miles and love it. It's extremely quiet on the inside and is nice and smooth. I get great miles from the pump. I sell cars for a living and have seen a lot of them. This is an amazing car for its price. I just got the oil changed and it feels like new. If you want an amazingly reliable car, get this one. Just be sure to keep up with the maintenance and this car will treat you well. I highly recommend getting one tho!

Comfort, reliability, moonroof and overall performance.

Could have better speakers. The tape player and cd changer also rattle a very slight amount.