1995 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Dave on 06/12/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and it has performed flawlessly over the past 10+ years. Still tight with no rattles. Quiet, luxury ride with plenty of power, particularly when you put the electronically controlled transmission into its "power" mode. Outstanding build quality with no mechanical problems other than recent replacement of left CV boot (couples the transmission with the left front wheel). The only reason I'm replacing this car now is to get side and head curtain air bags.

Awesome car
By Axum, on 04/13/06 18:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 1995 XLS from my dad who bought it new and it still runs like a dream. After we replaced the transmission it got right back up to the original speed and power. That is the only part that we have replaced in it.

Avalon, the best car to own!
By Phil on 12/15/05 16:40 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. it's reliable, economic and handles the road very well.

Great car to own
By bill_lee_3 on 11/21/05 17:50 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

Excellent car to own and drive. it had over 150000 miles and didnt have a single problem.

Still happy after 10.5 years!
By Lynda on 09/15/05 21:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I change my oil 2-3 times each year. I use the a/c when I want. In ATL traffic, I have a 27 mile commute (54 round trip) which requires a lot of stop/go/sit in traffic. With all of this I am still averaging 27 - 29 miles per gallon on regular unleaded gas. Highway miles have yielded as high as 32 miles per gallon with cruise control engaged. My husband is 6'4", I'm 5'2" and the car is quite comfortable for both of us on all types of trips. The car is very quiet inside & out. I hope my car runs another 500000 miles! I'm afraid I'll never find another car with the comfort, reliability, mileage, and looks for a comparable price to what I paid in 1995. I love my car!!!

Got to Love it.
By Boogs on 08/30/05 00:51 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

225000 mi. and no oil usage. 30mpg, great road car. Great trans. Best car on the road for the money.

the best one
By gerald on 04/28/05 21:31 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

A few yrs. back I bought an Avalon and it has never let me down. I travel a lot and it doesn't skip a beat. The acceleration is still strong. I have only waxed it once and it still gets attention. I recommend this car to everyone who needs a car for the highway with lots of room and good mileage.

'95 Avalon in Review
By stanley johnson on 04/04/05 18:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been the best of my five cars,including two other fine Toyotas. For ten years I have had almost no repairs. My original brakes are still good. At times I get nearly 45 mpg at 60-65 mph. It continues to handle well in city and highway driving. It continues to look good; I have a garage. It performs well too.

Best Car In The World
By Rayzor on 12/04/04 10:38 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

My Avalon is the best car I have ever had. It is the most reliable car ever. And for a luxury car it has got guts. 166000 miles and it looks and drives like new.

One owner
By davidn on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been the most dependable car I have ever owned. I bought it new in 1995 and have had very minimal repair costs. I have had to recently replace the power steering pump and rack. Other than that I have only performed routine maintenance.