1995 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Outstanding oldie
By PeterG on 02/02/09 20:04 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car a month ago for 2K, and for an old vehicle it has held very well. I hope that it will continue to give good service. The only thing not working is the stereo and clock. Runs great and is giving me an average of 25 mpg.

Love my Avalon
By Linda on 12/10/08 19:34 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I bought the Avalon with 14k miles on it through auction and have LOVED it ever since. Now has 215,000 miles on it, gets 26-28 mpg, runs smooth, quiet, and is a classy drive. Passengers like the big back seat, lots of trunk space, carries 6 when needed (bench seat), can't say enough about what a great car this is. I spent a little extra to get really nice sound system installed by Toyota. I use good gas and religiously change oil/filter and have checkups when due. Toyotas are the best and this Avalon is their pearl.

A good faithful car
By Cubsmom on 09/12/08 15:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I love my Avalon. It's roomy inside and has ample trunk space. It would be a good car for a student to have. It's reliable and gets about 23 MPG city. It's certainly not flashy in any way, but mine has some nice features like an electric seat adjuster and a moon roof. It's more responsive than my husband's SUV and it has a nice smooth ride too. So maybe this car isn't a fancy flavor like Rocky Road, It's vanilla, but I can live with that.

Overall great car
By Patrick on 06/25/08 17:37 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Bought mine with 111,000 miles in 2002. Only issue was at 125,000 miles, broken electrical sensor which tells it to shift into O/D. It now has 194,000 (June 2008) and still runs great. The left front cv joint should be replaced soon, but this is common on all FWD cars, right? Rear struts are a little noisy, but the rear tires wear normally. 27mpg average. 24mpg if I really push it. 30mpg for long highway trips at 78-80mph. Power and steering response are great. Several times at high speed, I've swerved to miss objects and never spun out. This car is almost impossible to lose control of, like a C172 for you pilots. Overall excellent buy worth the little extra $ up front.

Great Car!
By DNew on 06/04/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Avalon at 116K miles and love it. It's extremely quiet on the inside and is nice and smooth. I get great miles from the pump. I sell cars for a living and have seen a lot of them. This is an amazing car for its price. I just got the oil changed and it feels like new. If you want an amazingly reliable car, get this one. Just be sure to keep up with the maintenance and this car will treat you well. I highly recommend getting one tho!

216,963 and still running!
By Adam on 03/30/08 05:03 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Great car! Reliable! I bought it with 133,000 miles and with the same engine and everything, it has 216,963 on it. Just keep getting oil changes every 3,000 miles and your set. The transmission didn't have any mess in it when I changed the filters. Perfectly clean!

Very reliable at 178,000 miles
By Dave Wallace on 08/19/07 15:43 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Overall this has been very reliable. Minimal time at the shop. Still runs great at 178,000 miles. It has never left me stranded and still runs great. I've been amazed by the reliability. Still running on original alternator, water pump, and fuel pump. No transmission or engines problems. Most dependable car I've owned.

Amazing car
By hartdykes on 11/24/06 05:19 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

Salvaged, high miles, and it's the best car I have ever owned. After owning this car nothing else comes close. It has a great ride and is very comfortable on long trips. Easy to install aftermarket audio.

High miles, salvaged, and a great car
By hartdykes on 11/20/06 11:08 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I'm 19 and in 2004 I bought a salvaged 95 toyota avalon from a mechanic in phenix city alabama. The car had 178,000 miles and was salvaged and was rebuilt with used parts. I love this car and I have had no problems with the car and I will be the first to admit I'm not very good when it comes to taking care of a vehicle, The car has dents, its been rearended several times and has been keyed on several occasions, yet it's still going strong and taking long road trips. The only complaint I had with the car was the speakers and tape player and I replaced those the first week with a Alpine cd player, roady XM radio (OnA202) plus new pioneer speakers. Well that's my review on this awesome car.

TRUNK SPACE
By WH Avalon on 10/20/06 13:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I have recently installed gull doors on my '95 Avalon and recommend this to everyone. The install was quite cheap and definitely helps with the looks.