Used 1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

558,000 miles
By tnt12

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

This is the continuation of my 3/19/2012 review below. The car now has over 558K miles and still running great! Getting ready for my next oil change. Pushing for 600K by Jan/Feb 2017.

my best friend
By rich boston

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

reliable car, not fancy, but gets the job done. 171k miles on this 1995 and it looks and runs like the day it was made. body has some surface rust on rear wheel well passenger side, but nothing else and it has spent 21 years in the rust belt of central PA. the cd and cassette/radio still works and sounds solid. trunk is large and the rear seats 3 adults with comfort. all power and everything still works including the door locks which is important in a 4 door car. manages snow/ice with no problem, makes you thankful for the front wheel drive. have seen other avalons with over 375k miles.

280000 and still going
By xavier

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

280000 miles. Car had 200000 when ii got it 5 months ago. Knew the previous owner when he got it at 50000 miles. This car is a damn brick let me tell you. at 150000 miles pretty much the whole front end got rebuilt (struts control arms both cv axles ball joints both wheel hubs new calipers) all those parts are still in perfect condition. 1 strut in the rear and thats all the car has recieved other than new pads and rotors. Transmission draain plug was stripped at 100000 miles and the at hasnt been flushed ever, same fluid that toyo put in 20 years ago, and it still runs great. NO RUST ON THE UNDERCARRIAGE, BUMPER MOUNTS, FRAME, ANYWHERE and the worst part is that i live in a heavy salt area/state(Massachusetts) . And for a 3600 lbs 200 hp car the thing actually moves outta its own way, surprising me and all the civics scions mustangs volkswagens/audis and all the other nissan fwd cars that i zip past. only aftermarket product is a magnaflow cat back which makes the car sound like a baby supra!

Can't Kill It!
By tallchris01

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

Replaced an older Camry with this car for it's reliability and rear seat legroom.
I've had this car for 5 years/75K miles and it's 19 years old now.
216K miles on the clock.
I've owned other cars that if you looked at them the wrong way they would break down.
Not this one!
I do all the basic maintenance myself.
Running 100% gas I've done as good as 26mpg combined, and 29mpg hwy.
Even on ethanol gas, I get 22mpg combined.

A thankless workhorse that doesn't look too dated even though it's approaching 20 years old. Plenty of legroom for my 6'5" frame and tall kids in back seat. Every time I lust for something newer or nicer I quickly remember that my ownership of this car has been drama-free.

I do my oil changes. The oil filter points down slightly, so catching the oil when changing the filter poses a bit of a challenge. Yes, I drain the pan first but there is still enough left over to cause a mess if I don't stuff a lot of rags or paper towels around the filter housing. The styling is plain vanilla, but at the same time it doesn't attract attention that I don't want anyway.

Solid Car
By runeye

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I love this car. Got it in 2008 with about 80 K miles and it still runs strong even at 170 K miles. The only change I made was a busted flex pipe in 2012. Interior is sketchy but large enough to fit 5 average sized adults. Trunk space is superb. Performance is good for a older car like this, acceleration is great with PWR ETC engaged and overdrive off.
Maneuverability is surprisingly active even at highway speeds. And this car can keep up with those low end luxury sedans which try to embarass you like Mercedes C class 250, BMW 5.