1995 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Can't Kill It!
By tallchris01 on 03/25/14 10:47 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

Replaced an older Camry with this car for it's reliability and rear seat legroom. I've had this car for 5 years/75K miles and it's 19 years old now. 216K miles on the clock. I've owned other cars that if you looked at them the wrong way they would break down. Not this one! I do all the basic maintenance myself. Running 100% gas I've done as good as 26mpg combined, and 29mpg hwy. Even on ethanol gas, I get 22mpg combined.

Solid Car
By runeye on 12/14/13 06:50 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I love this car. Got it in 2008 with about 80 K miles and it still runs strong even at 170 K miles. The only change I made was a busted flex pipe in 2012. Interior is sketchy but large enough to fit 5 average sized adults. Trunk space is superb. Performance is good for a older car like this, acceleration is great with PWR ETC engaged and overdrive off. Maneuverability is surprisingly active even at highway speeds. And this car can keep up with those low end luxury sedans which try to embarass you like Mercedes C class 250, BMW 5.

410K and still running
By tnt12 on 03/19/12 13:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

Still running great. Getting ready to change the timing belt and maybe water pump, if needed. I am pushing for 500k by end of 2013. I drive about 50k/year.

Love the Avalon
By concordenerd on 02/05/11 08:43 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I love the Avalon. 1995 and has 150,000 miles and drives like new. A very good car.

278,000 mi & still drives great
By Dinah on 09/02/10 00:45 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Bought new in. '95. Like the trunk space to keep items out of sight. I'd like to get something newer, but hate to give up a good thing. Has a 12 disc CD player, not seen on any other vehicle. Needs a new drivers seat and the window gaskets need to be replaced as it is pretty noisy, these are cosmetic. The vehicle has been exceptionally reliable. Maybe I'll keep it 'till it hits 400,000 miles.

Just keeps going and going, in style
By P Berlie on 07/07/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Can't beat this car. We bought ours new and have dropped 340,000 miles on it and it still performs like brand new. Great passenger room, ride and trunk space. Mileage has dropped slightly, but we still average 25 mpg and 28-30 on the highway. After a couple minor electrical issues under warranty have had no issues with the accessories either. The only issues I see are with suspension which we've replaced struts on once and will need to do again soon. I've reupholstered a drivers seat, but even the leather has held up well on this one. Have used this on a moderate daily commute and will continue to do so until it drops!

It Just Works.
By W. D. Ward on 05/14/10 17:26 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Bought this from a friend with 95,000 miles on the odometer. It has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. Aside from standard service, it has needed only an alternator. Everything has continued to work without much attention. Even the climate control continues to maintain its set temperature. The leather upholstery shows very little wear, and the rest of the interior shows only slight fading. The engine is strong and quick. The Avalon is agile for such a big car. Economy on the highway is 22 mph. City runs about 15 mpg. Even the finish looks good when waxed. No one suspects it is a 15 year old car.

206,000 mile Bang for the Buck!
By Seemyad on 08/13/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

What a car! I bought my Avalon used just over 100,000 miles. I have driven through the Rocky Mountains, Montreal Canada, hail, rain, sleet, snow, and perfect weather. I have driven from Fresno CA to Oklahoma City four times in one year. I have driven from Lincoln NE, to Fresno, to Biloxi Mississippi, to Washington DC, Burlington VT, to Montreal, Chicago (in that order). The 6 cylinders offer great response and 30 MPG on the highway. The ride is smooth. The car and trunk are roomy. It even carries a real spare tire! Reliable is an understatement. My dark green paint job looks great too! Great car for the $6500 I paid for it 5 years ago! Need a new O2 censor and my leather seat is worn.

Best Car Ever
By ToyotaAlways on 04/08/09 19:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

We bought our 1995 Avalon brand new and have driven it as our primary vehicle until two weeks ago when we bought a new Camry. We kept the Avalon as a second vehicle. The Avalon has been outstanding with only a couple of problems along the way (a timing belt and a u joint). We had to change brakes pads once, at 133000 miles and I've changed the belts once!! We've spent less than $1,500 in 14 years on fixes, which I think is great. Still gets 31 MPG. We purchased a like new (1994) Mazda B4000 LE pickup (actually a Ranger) at the same time, and it has been a disaster (replaced engine, transmission, 3 starters, etc.). We'll drive the Avalon until the wheels fall off. Oh, still looks new!

Adequate to Good car but not Great
By GotOptions ? on 02/16/09 10:52 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Have had this car for 3 years and bought it with 85,000 miles on it and its now at 135k. It drives like a dream on smooth roads but bottoms too early on bumps and potholes. It corners and stops well, but I have had only 12 MPG in the city. I may check into that with mechanics. I am 6 foot 4 and its a full size vehicle with good leg room. Trunk is pretty large, and the interior buttons and functions are easy to use.

1 2 3 4 5 next »