Great car
By rob260 on
2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've had the 2014 Avalon XLE Touring Hybrid for about three weeks now. I'm really enjoying the vehicle so far. The fuel efficiency has been as advertised for the first 1000 miles. I've done a mixture of highway and city driving and have been averaging just below 39 mpg according to infotainment system. This vehicle fit my needs perfectly. I needed a daily driver that was really fuel efficient but had the space I needed to haul kids and sports equipment on the weekends. Check and check for this Avalon. It's pretty impressive to have a large sedan get this fuel efficiency and provide a large trunk and rear passenger space. The hybrid option was a no brainer for me.
Favorite Features
The interior style and controls look and feel quality. Has a cockpit feel that engulfs the driver. Nice stitched leather seats. Leather wrapped everything gives it a great interior look. The newer exterior styling makes the vehicle lose that "old person" vehicle persona and become a bona fide high quality family vehicle. My fifteen year old is even doing selfie photos with it. Hybrid option is very fuel efficient. Blind spot monitor option is very useful. Voice activated controls are working well. Rearview camera system isn't something I would have added but the standard option system is great.
Suggested Improvements
Only the limited trim of the vehicle offers high definition screen for the infotainment center stack screen. Should offer an upgrade option for other trim levels. LED headlights option would be nice.