Wow what a decision
By 62impala1 on
2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
So....after waiting 14 years to purchase a new car, I finally made the decision to buy my first Toyota ever. I still have my Honda Accord (2000) with 167,000 miles on it. Still running well. I looked at Mercedes, Audi, BMW (albeit not in great length due to price) Lexus, VW, Acura, Honda (again), and yes even the Chevy (Cruze). After careful consideration, I chose the Limited Avalon hybrid. Even after making the decision to go with the Avalon, I gave each one of the above mentioned cars another shot at my garage. lol. However time and time again, the Avalon hybrid kept coming up the winner. I would like to say that one of the above's came close, but in reality, the Hybrid out did them
Favorite Features
Took the car for only 5 or 6 blocks, and soon as I took the car off the lot, I knew that all the vehicles I had been considering were in a lot of trouble. Favorite feature...hmmm..good question; # one on the list is Gas milage; Quiet ride would rank towards the top as well. The style of the headlights/tail lights.The fact that there is not one of these on EVERY other street intersection is a BIG plus. (how many of the above cars do you see almost every other car?) + the fact the color combination I chose will not be seen everyday for sure. Love the lines, this car is really "either you like it or you hate it"..but whatever..I obviously like it. Cooled seats, rear sunshade, etc...etc..
Suggested Improvements
hmm...well I will start by saying..that the thigh support could extended another couple of inches (as I am over 6' 1"...I am still comfortable, just not VERY comfortable. hey I have to be honest right? lol. I think with every new model, the next year or two later will have the improvements, and that would include some refinements to the exterior. Over all though..this is a Toyota, and as I mentioned before, I keep my cars for a very long period of time. So far I have only 47 miles on the car. Beautiful car over all. So very glad on my decision, I have been looking for over 3 + years. As the say Patience is a virtue. WOW what a decision!! Great pick. My exterior color??? Shhh. lol.