2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Welcome to the 21st Century!

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

Welcome to the 21st Century!
By jkunkle on

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

"Traded in an '08 Acura MDX for my new 2013 Avalon Hybrid Limited and three days later I'm still high with exuberance that I don't expect will wear off anytime soon. Let me qualify myself as a motorhead from the age of five, car guy all my life, even retired from a lifelong career in automotive. This car is the most unbelievable, technological achievement I've ever witnessed come from an auto manufacture that is reasonably affordable and luxuriously useful and super economical. I could write a book on it's attributes ranging from luxury, comfort and pleasantness as a people mover. Yes, it's true what you might have read, that the Avalon is better than it's Lexus cousin.

Favorite Features

The electronics including the nav/media as well as the radar system, the only option available on the limited make this car seem far more expensive than it is. I thought I'd miss the growl of 300 hp on premium fuel, shifting through a 5sp sequential trans mission with SH-AWD and sport suspension, blah, blah, blah! I love driving this thoroughly modern hybrid with no gears and power steering so light I can use my finger ... it's perfection, like being on a magic carpet ride! It's actually quicker up the freeway onramp than the 15/20 mpg MDX was. My first 95 miles averaged 42.9 mpg ... settling into regular short cold eng trips and I'm averaging 38 mpg!

Suggested Improvements

I honestly can't think of one thing to improve on this car.