2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Review: Toyota Comes Close to Perfecti

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Toyota Comes Close to Perfection
By judgek on

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and searched for months for a replacement for our Volvo S80. We decided to go upmarket, so we looked at Lexus, Infiniti and BMW but didn't find a car that felt right for the price. Then I read about the Avalon Hybrid and decided to give a try. Wow, am I glad I did that. The simple bottom line is this: I can't find anything to complain about in this car. Acceleration, braking and handling are all extremely competent. The turning radius is great, visibility excellent, engineering outstanding. Even a full-size trunk! We have put 6000 miles on the car in mixed city-highway driving, averaging 40 mpg. A joy to drive and own.

Radar-assisted cruise control is fabulous, although it takes a leap of faith the first time you rely on the car to slow itself down. Automatic high beam, blind spot monitoring, back-up warning system all work perfectly.

Don't laugh: the only improvement I want is a more visible outside temperature gauge.