2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Review: Retirement Car

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

Retirement Car
By lnofeagle on

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got it in March 2013. Just hitting 10,000 miles. Found that I get better than sticker said for road. I have gotten from 39.1 for low and 46.9 for a high. City driving is another thing though. I have a low of 28.0 and a high of 44.2 in city only. 28.0 was in suburbs of Memphis, TN. I use a calculator as the computer always claims higher mileage except 2 times when it was low! Car exceeded my expectations! Substantial vehicle for the money!

Blind Spot Mirrors and rear warning when backing up! Getting used to rear camera and trusting it! Also not used to mirrors dropping when in reverse. Not sure I like it!

Side pockets just as large as my 2005 Camry XLE!
By kadena
on 08/15/13 08:00 AM (PDT)

I intend to buy a 2014 Avalon like the one you have. With all the hype about the terrible bumpy ride of a 2013 Avalon, do you experience any of that? My guess is that you get a very nice ride. Do you have Michelin or Bridgestone tires on your car?