2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Review: New to hybrids, bringing the a

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid - Consumer Review

XLE Touring Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

New to hybrids, bringing the average buyer's age down :)
By blueste on

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After considering everything from Passat, to Accord to BMW I ended up with the Avalon Touring Hybrid. I really wanted to get the new Accord Hybrid. However, there were several issues for me…trunk space is horrible, engine revs are hard to get used to, availability and only MSRP available right now. Plus it's a new system and who knows what reliability will be. Now, on to the Avalon Hybrid…I love it so far. Interior is sharp, hybrid drivetrain is smooth, Toyota has been building hybrids for a long time now so I expect this to be very reliable. I do, however, see them making a switch to Lithium Ion technology in the near future. For now, we have the "tried and true" nickel metal hydride.

Interior, hybrid drivetrain.

Better Nav. and larger screen, but that has always been Toyota's heel. Loved the Limited trim, but didn't want to make the jump in price.