2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Great car and value

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid - Consumer Review

XLE Touring Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Great car and value
By elker1 on

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

With a new business requiring 140 mile round trip 5 days a week, I had to get a vehicle with great gas milage. I am a big guy and wanted something comfortable and able to haul people when needed. Had my sights on the Camry Hybrid and test drove it. Was ok but kind of blah sitting next to the Avalon. Decided to try the Avalon Hybrid as well. Comparably equipped the touring Avalon is about a 5k dollar upgrade but that is a great value! Interior and exterior styling is a huge improvement over the Camry plus some great extra features like the side mirror monitoring that lets you know when car is in your blind spots on freeway or multi laned roads.

Favorite Features

Love the gas mileage! First tank averaged about 35 milesa gallon and was a bit disappointed. However, tanks 2,3, and 4 have all been 40 to 41 and the average for the 2200 miles I have put on it so far is 39 mpg. Unbelievable for a large vehicle this size. I drive 80% highway and do notice about 2 mpg difference between going 62(40mpg) and 72(38mpg). Car coasts very well after letting off gas and takes a bit to get used to letting off the gas way before an upcoming stop sign or stop light.

Suggested Improvements

So far - none. Nav system and electronics a bit tricky and getting used to them.