2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Review: gas milage

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid - Consumer Review

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

gas milage
By lowden on

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The hybrid avalon is rated to get 39to 40 miles per gallon.I have 4000 miles on my new hybrid.The first 2500 miles I averaged 33.5.on interstate at 75 mph.The last 1000 miles I averaged 34.5 at 59mph.It is not worth the extra money.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By lowden
on 04/24/13 06:46 AM (PDT)

I'm up to 36 mpg now at 59 mph

By rshockey
on 05/11/13 19:09 PM (PDT)

If that's all the mpg you're getting you're either (1) driving much too aggressively, or (2) there's something wrong with your car. I traded a 2011 Prius 5 for my Avalon Limited Hybrid so I know how to drive for mpg. I typically averaged 47 mpg in my Prius with no extra effort. With effort, I could push that up to 51-53 consistently. Driving normally, the Avalon returns 38.5 to 39.5 and that includes freeway cruising at 75+ mph. I've experimented and using "hypermiling" techniques, I can push that number up to 42-43 mpg. If you aren't getting 37 or better, take your car to the dealer and have them either fix it or teach you how to drive it properly. To set the record straight, the hybrid is ABSOLUTELY worth every penny extra it costs.