2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Fantastic car

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Fantastic car
By hayguy on

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My history of five BMW's, two Lexus's, one Mercedes added a 2013 Avalon Hybrid Limited with the tech package. I have put 9,000 miles on it since June and it is probably the best car I have owned. It is very stylish inside and out, luxurious, quiet, quick and very frugal on fuel. On a recent trip to Mesa. Az, the Kanab, Ut. to Mesa leg with speeds from 75 to 90 yielded an actual mileage of 38.2 MPG. Passing on the two lane roads was amazing. Accelerating from 70 mph and pulling back into lane over 100 mphÂ…with a hybrid! This car does not lack for power! In Blizzard Pearl the car receives constant compliments and people often stop me to ask questions about it. What a car!

Favorite Features

The Technology package is a bargain. Side and rear warning, adaptive cruise and auto dimming headlights are very useful features. The HID headlights on the Limited are excellent. Mine also came with the excellent Michelin tires instead of the Bridgestones. That saved me money having to change them myself. I also really like the induction cell phone charging -- after buying the required Qi sleeve for my iPhone.

Suggested Improvements

Two things this car needs and in this segment should have: heated steering wheel and an unlocked navigation system so that a passenger can program it while in motion. The latter issue is long overdue for Toyota. An even better solution would be for Toyota to buy and install the far superior Honda/Acura navigation system in their cars.