An amazing Hybrid sedan ... Wow Toyota!
By bimmer18 on
2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
For the last 9 years I've been driving my Sweet BMW 5 series and what a joy it was to drive on a daily basis. The power and road feel was superb but the maintenance was starting to get excessive. I have never owned a Toyota anything... The technology that is engineered in this vehicle is utterly amazing. I love the Hybrid engine and transmission, its really quite astounding. The car handles well, it has excellent low end electric torque. When driving in econ mode the entire hybrid system takes control and superbly enhances the Avalon's fuel consumption. The car is quite and has good rad feel.
Favorite Features
I enjoy the dynamics of the Hybrid system it's really well engineered for true economical driving and I confess with my BMW driving ethics its re-teaching me to think how I drive. I love going in sport mode on occasion when I need a boost in power! The bluetooth technology works perfectly and all my devices function as they should with nothing additional needed (BMW needs to learn from Toyota). I have only owned the car for a week but so far I am very pleased with the Avalon Hybrid.
Suggested Improvements
First off. HID lighting should be standard on a vehicle of this caliber. I am only 5'6" but the vehicle needs more headroom, my son is 6'2" and he just fits in the drivers seat. I would add maybe 5 or 6 inches for more headroom. This is your flagship so don't skimp on details, dont use cheap plastics on the interior. Use premium leather and sound absorbing materials to give that true luxury feel. The suspension needs to be stiffened to better take tight turns and curves. The power is adequate but another 40 horses in the Hybrid system would be welcomed.
By empoweredbc
on 06/09/13 21:14 PM (PDT)

You are coming out of a $50-60k car, so don't expect the same features you were used to in a much less expensive car. You get premium leather with the Limited model, so if that's what you bought, it will match your BMW in quality. You son probably didn't lower the seat, with you at 5' 6" driving with the seat jacked up. Your son did something wrong. And don't expect BMW handling out of a Toyota Hybrid. Just don't do it!

By kermit007
on 07/07/13 22:45 PM (PDT)

I have driven this vehicle on multiple occasions and I am 6 feet and 7 inches Tall. The ONLY thing I needed to do, for the Drivers Seat, is Lower the seat and Push it back All the way also I had Plenty of Legroom and Headroom.