2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon Hybrid model:
Wow what a decision
By 62impala1 on 04/14/13 09:04 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

So....after waiting 14 years to purchase a new car, I finally made the decision to buy my first Toyota ever. I still have my Honda Accord (2000) with 167,000 miles on it. Still running well. I looked at Mercedes, Audi, BMW (albeit not in great length due to price) Lexus, VW, Acura, Honda (again), and yes even the Chevy (Cruze). After careful consideration, I chose the Limited Avalon hybrid. Even after making the decision to go with the Avalon, I gave each one of the above mentioned cars another shot at my garage. lol. However time and time again, the Avalon hybrid kept coming up the winner. I would like to say that one of the above's came close, but in reality, the Hybrid out did them

gas milage
By lowden on 04/09/13 08:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The hybrid avalon is rated to get 39to 40 miles per gallon.I have 4000 miles on my new hybrid.The first 2500 miles I averaged 33.5.on interstate at 75 mph.The last 1000 miles I averaged 34.5 at 59mph.It is not worth the extra money.

Now this is an Avalon
By dshann on 03/26/13 15:19 PM (PDT)

I fell in love with the 2013 Avalon after my first test drive. My dealer did everything they could to sell me one. When my wife and I got a chance to test drive the Hybrid, we were Prius people, and the Hybrid Avalon fixed everything that we wanted improved. You would never believe you were driving a hybrid until you use the brakes and you hear that hybrid whine. The mileage so far exceeds EPA numbers (GM, Ford ??). The ride is very solid and quiet but you can feel rough pavement. You can select the instruments and features that you want displayed. The seats are very firm, but you can drive for hours in perfect comfort. This car is 4 grand less than a Lexus and it looks and works way better.

Welcome to the 21st Century!
By jkunkle on 03/18/13 23:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

"Traded in an '08 Acura MDX for my new 2013 Avalon Hybrid Limited and three days later I'm still high with exuberance that I don't expect will wear off anytime soon. Let me qualify myself as a motorhead from the age of five, car guy all my life, even retired from a lifelong career in automotive. This car is the most unbelievable, technological achievement I've ever witnessed come from an auto manufacture that is reasonably affordable and luxuriously useful and super economical. I could write a book on it's attributes ranging from luxury, comfort and pleasantness as a people mover. Yes, it's true what you might have read, that the Avalon is better than it's Lexus cousin.

Limited Avalon Hybrid review (Lexus es300h compared)
By jxanders on 02/18/13 14:32 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I started the Hybrid sedan research 3 months ago. I decided on the Lexus es300h - I put the deposit and ordered the car with the features I wanted. During the 3 week wait for the Lexus I saw the Avalon Hybrid online. During lunch I decided to go take a look, but didn't have time for a test drive. The exterior comparison was about the same for me; almost the same side profile look. The front & back of the car is different, but I liked both the same. The Interior was the difference maker. The Avalon just felt better and the controls made more sense. Plus the fact with the Limited Avalon model compared to the Lexus had more features than the Lexus and was $4500 cheaper!

Why buy a Lexus anymore?
By kconlon on 02/10/13 05:23 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is phenomenal simply put it is the smoothest, quietest ride Ive tested in the last year, including Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lincoln and yes, Lexus. If you're in the market for any of these, stop and test drive the Avalon before making your final decision. Our test drive so impressed we immediately eliminated Audi, BMW, Mercedes from consideration. Even the base model oozes comfort and confidence. So, to us, the final decision was between Lexus, Lincoln (we waited for the new MKZ's release) and Avalon. After the MKZ came out, we made our decision, and it was really pretty easy. So, forget about your preconceptions about Toyota! This begs my opening question, why buy a Lexus anymore?

Wow, prepare to be impressed
By magicbill on 01/28/13 14:20 PM (PST)

Just traded wife's 2005 Acura TL w/Navi for the Touring edition Avalon Hybrid. My first wow was the price we acutally paid was only $3500 more than what we paid 8 years ago for the TL. The Avalon is so much more sophisticated and so well executed. Small side note is that the owner's manual is a must-read (there are so many small items available on this model) and is actually well-written and organized. Even during first week of operation it is easy to see vehicle will likely live up to EPA rating. Toyota gently seduces you into becoming a fuel-efficient driver and supports that conversion with a sophisticated hybrid drive system. Love the ride, the quietness, spaciousness and hybrid.

first luxurious car that does not break the bank account
By marcftn on 01/27/13 08:58 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I tested Mercedez c300, audi 4, bmw, lexus. I was ready to buy the lexus HybridES 300 when my toyota dealer called me to try the Avalon. I could not see the difference between the lexus and the avalon. Smooth drive, great acceleration, comfortable. I bought it with all the options. what a beautiful luxurious car. So far on highway i get 38.5 miles per gallon. did not go to boston yet to check the city mileage. I am very pleased and saved a few bucks on the purchased too.

Love my Car
By jtavalon on 01/26/13 18:38 PM (PST)

I went to the dealership planning to buy a Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE, but left with the Avalon hybrid instead. This 2013 Avalon hybrid kept catching my eye. It looked so good! I drove the Camry Hybrid, but the interior/exterior design was so plain I just couldn't take it. When I got into the Avalon Hybrid, I fell in love with it. It was sexy, classy, had an EXCELLENT sound system, and a sporty ride. I am worried about mpg. I have 250 miles on it and seem to averaging about 30 mpg in the city. I hope the mpg is lower because it is cold and I run the heat a lot. Still better than any non-hybrid on the market for city driving (except the Volkwagen diesel).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid in VA is:

$136 per month*