Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon Hybrid model:

Luxury gas saver
By David Higby

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had many toyotas. They are ultra reliable. Love the looks of the avalon hybrid and averages 39 MPG. The only drawback is the rough ride. This is supposed to be corrected on the 2016's

Great car....Great fuel economy
By Robert Galardy

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owed our Avalon Hybrid for a little over 2 years. Quiet, comfortable, and great road manners. Acceleration could be better, but our last car was a Mercedes E class. It was fast, but got about half the miles per gallon that the Avalon gets. No problems in two years and I don't expect any. We owned a 2000 Avalon and drove it 140,000 miles with one $250 repair. Our new Avalon averages 38 mpg in local driving in the summer. About 4 less in the winter. Highway driving averages about 42 mpg. Couldn't be happier with our Avalon.

GREAT CAR ! Minor Concerns
By johnnj3

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased my 2013 Limited Hybrid in December. Now have a little over 9k miles. The mpg is definitely as advertised. It gets better after the break in period. Just did a round trip from New Jersey to Boston and averaged 40.5 mpg. The controls on the dashboard are extremely sensitive. It takes some getting used to. Over a period of time I learned to adapt.As others have stated, the ride can be a little harsh. However, this does not diminish my overall satisfaction with the vehicle. I would highly recommend it.

Fit and Finish. Design. MPG.

Suspension should be improved.

Fantastic car - one year update
By hayguy

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After owning this car for one year and 16,000 miles I I must say it is the best car I have owned. I have owned many cars. Among them Corvette, Lexus, Mercedes, and several BMW's and although each has their own claim to fame the Avalon hybrid Limited overall is the best. Comfort, quietness, interior and exterior styling and quality, handling, power and features, and best of all mileage put this in its own league. I consistently meet or beat EPA mileage estimates even at freeway speeds of 80 mph plus. I can easily travel for several hours without stopping and in complete comfort. My next car in three or four years will likely either be another Avalon hybrid or the Lexus variant.

I have come to really like the adaptive cruise control and find the side and rear warnings very helpful especially in parking lots. The automatic high beams features also works well. I have adapted and become comfortable with the navigation system and find it every bit as reliable as previous Garmin Nuvi's although there are features the Garmin has that would be nice to have -- e.g. speed limit and altitude information, and better ETA calculation.

The only thing I kind of miss is heated steering wheel in the winter. It would also be wonderful if all wheel drive were offered as an option. That would take the qualms out of fowl weather driving conditions that we experience in the northwest.

Toyota another winner
By woodsink39

I have been buying Toyotas since late nineties gave up on American iron. I love this car it is great! Wanted a hybrid and luxury this covers all the bases. The ride is excellent the interior is plush and quiet outside is aggressive and has presence. The fit and finish is top notch and was a great value. Shopped around several luxury brands Mercedes, Lexus, BMW and infinity. None could come close to the included items and luxury for the cost. The ride is supple and quiet acceleration is adequate for any driving situation. I commute 40 miles each way and use a mix of highway and mountainous secondary roads and this car eats it up with ease. All this and I avg 38 mpg. Would recommend highly!

Entertainment system, Plush interior, navigation, quiet ride.

None