2014 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: 2014 4 Runner

2014 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

2014 4 Runner
By scotta72 on

2014 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This 4 Runner is fun to drive.
With all the options and what I got for the money was a better deal in my mind than I could have gotten for other SUVs on the market.
I looked at purchasing an older model with similar options, but found that the value of the used ones were very close to the price I paid for a brand new one, that I like better anyhow.
The instrument cluster looks much better than the older ones and is lit with blue LEDs.
The seats are not quite as comfortable as other SUVs I tried, but they do the job.
The offroad and snow performance even with highway style tires is where this vehicle shines.
This is a nice SUV, I am happy with my purchase.

• Rain snow traction
  • Bluetooth
  • Navigation

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By dalyeska
on 05/23/14 10:27 AM (PDT)

Bought a new 2014 Toyota 4Runner, SR5, V-6, 4x4 in January 2014 now with about 4K driven miles. The bottom line is just an excellent SUV. I use mine for trailing a boat and ATV which it handles just great. Hwy driving is smoother than my 2010 Camry. The 4Runner handles like a dream, little wind noise, radio sound system (the standard one) is excellent and the back-up camera is neat. This vehicle is not what I call a soccer mom's type of vehicle although it could certainly fit the bill. I looked at the Jeep and Explorer when deciding my options to buy....but the 4Runner is built and handled much better in my opinion. Shortly after purchase we got caught in a blizzard and the 4 wheel drive sure came in handy and worked like a charm! The 4Runner is what I would call a heavy duty SUV in comparison to the cross overs.....so if you need the muscle keep that in mind. It would have been nice if Toyota could of used an overdrive in the transmission arrangement to improve the gas mileage, as 17/22 is about it but then you have to consider the type of vehicle it is. Frankly, I can't say enough good about the 2014 4Runner at this point.