2014 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Fail from Toyota
By Chris Simmons

2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Multiple trips back to dealer. Radio/Nav issues with Iphone and Android. Moonroof leaks, drivers window rattles, hood shakes at speed. Not a very well engineered or built vehicle by toyota this time. Poor components. All issues for a vehicle with less than 20k miles.

2014 4R 4x4 Ltd
By myogi

2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have my 4R for almost 4 months now. Very happy with it. Excellent SUV. Looks great, drives great. Glad to have bought it.

Does not Match up to 2005 4Runner Sport
By joestehling

2014 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Basic vehicle is good but numerous things are cheapened and useless items added from the 2005 Sport model. Reliability has yet to be determined but I am confident it will be as reliable as the 2005 Sport I traded in.

Rides very smoothly and handles very well. •Roomy •Manual heating/cooling much better than the automatic •Time and temperature display can be seen in daylight unless headlights are on •Users manual has page number references •Evidently the rear tail gate no longer has a motorized closure; For the 2005 I spent $1200 on two occasions to have the closure mechanism repaired from the fine dust that entered from our unimproved roads that combined with rainwater. •12v, 110v, and USB outlets

Add back bug screen. Add back sun visor moving on its support; delete worthless center pull out; add back in auxiliary visor for the front which was very useful on our winding mountain roads at sunrise and sunset. Delete stupid ECO display showing acceleration, takes up valuable instrument panel display area and is totally worthless and a waste of money. I really DO know when I am accelerating Add back in covers on storage compartments The vehicle is underpowered and cannot easily climb a 20 percent grade on the unimproved road leading to my house. Add back in gas cap lock Improve OEM tires that were punctured on my unimproved road after 2000 miles Improve instructions for KDSS

Limited 4 runner
By jlaree2006

2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Limited 4-runner. drives awesome, so glad we decided to go with this vehicle. Everything is amazing about the SUV, the comfort, the room, the leather, the sound system! I can't say enough good things about it!!!

Keyless entry, all wheel drive is great, especially with all the rain we just had!

None.

Best REAL SUV out there
By ghost1214

2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the 4 Runner LTD 4x4 after considering the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Read so many many bad things about the jeep I got scared and decided not to purchase it. The Runner is the BEST. Reliable, rugged, 2 year service, excellent off round/snow and very good on highway. The only thing I can say is "oh what a feeling". I love the interior with the black leather. I went to a wedding with it and everyone raved about the SUV.

Automatic Running Bds are so cool. The ventilated seats for cool air in the summer were also excellent.