Wasn't expecting this...
By winsons_car on
2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
After having a horrible experience from the 2005 Nissan Pathfinder, I decided to buy its Japanese made rival, the 4Runner. The car was outstanding at first, but it had major problems after 17 days. The service engine light and traction control light had turned on. The car was basically unable to accelarate, it shook alot too. After 12 days of fixing, we got our car back. (the whole transmission was replaced) The transmission started leaking red liquid and the car sometimes still shakes alot.
By face6
on 09/22/12 09:26 AM (PDT)

I also had a horrible experience with the pathfinder 2005 & 2008. Heating lines rotting out leaking anitfreeze - very expensive repair bill

By dstockton
on 01/29/13 10:08 AM (PST)

I just got rid of my 2005 Nissan Pathfinder as the transmission started to fail due to a huge problem with radiator fluid leaking into the transmission. This happened at a 100K miles! I too decided to purchase a 2012 Toyota 4runner. My biggest issue is the mpg is worse than the pathfinder. I am currently averaging 15.4, which is far less than others are experiencing. Hope this improves.