2012 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Not as good-fun as my 2008 4Ru

2012 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Not as good-fun as my 2008 4Runner
By magluk on

2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Like all new cars it's nice but not as good as my 2008 SE model. This SUV is way over priced and under equipped (no mud flaps, running boars, gate assist) poor plastic and cloth inside. It seems under powered and under developed. If it's your first Toyota you will be happy for a year or so but like me this is my third Toyota. The quality has gone down hill and price has gone uphill. I wanted to buy a 2012-2013 4Runner for my wife but it's not family friendly SUV. The jeeps looks nice and so does Honda Pilot. It will be a hard and tough choice but it's wont be Toyota this time around.

I like the body style of the SR5 and Trail and I like the hidden rear wiper.

Toyota and Toyota dealers if you are bold to charge 38+K for SR5 or 45+K for Limited then I will suggest that you put in mud flaps, running boars, gate assist like on Venza, Sienna, Sequoia. Take out the ugly pointy antenna and do like you did it on 2003-2009 models. Make the car stronger the engine seems worse then my 08 model. Make a better product or stop charging so much!!