Got What I Expected...
By eglzfan on
2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Purchased a 2012 4Runner 6 months ago. After 10K mi. the vehicle still performs as it did on day 1. The 4L engine is the largest V6 available in a mid sized SUV. Fuel mileage avgs 19-20 mpg with the best at 23 on longer road trips. If you actually test drive this SUV you will notice a stiff ride, similar to that of a truck...that's what I like about it. Ample storage space satisfies the needs of our family and all our stuff. Dashboard electronics work as expected and nav system got me up north without a problem. Biggest complaint would be lack of headroom. At 6' I'm at the upper limit without hitting my head on the roof. Compared to similar SUVs out there this is a great buy.
Favorite Features
Exterior appearance is a perfect combination of rugged road off looks with a touch of luxury urban cruiser. Shift on the fly 4WD is smooth and allows ME to be in control of when the vehicle goes into all wheel drive mode.
Suggested Improvements
2 inches of increased headroom would open up a whole new market for this vehicle. Seat adjustment memory for 2 seperate drivers. Clear paint protective film at front 8-10 inches as standard.