2012 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Classy, Comfy, & Sophisticated
By 1daveg on 05/24/12 13:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 4Runner for only a month, but I have already driven it over 3,000 miles, and I'm in love with this car . . . or is it a truck? I bought an SR5 with black exterior and tan leather interior, with the premium options package, and everyone who sees it or rides in it comments on its comfort, appearance, and leading-edge features. For a beefy SUV, this vehicle has an exceptionally comfortable and quite ride and performance when you need it. Also, the sound system is incredible! The Entune System is a little complicated and, frankly, somewhat finicky, but it's worth with it to have Bing and Pandora at your fingertips in your car. Love it!

So Far Its Great!
By echiasson on 05/02/12 07:19 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have about 500 miles on it so far. I am 6'2" and if i put the seat all the way back i can barely reach the petals and still have room in the back seat to spare. You don't buy this SUV to get 40+ MPG but i avg. about 19 MPG so far and the engine isn't nearly broke in yet. Purchased the Premium Package with the SR5 and the leather interior is awesome! sun roof is good. Entune Nav is somewhat complicated. Took a few different techs to show me how to use it. Make sure you have Unlimited Data on your smartphone because having Pandora and Bing is awesome but it can eat up data packages quickly. I highly recommend this vehicle!!

69 of 24,947 people found this review helpful
Poor Rear Bumper Design - needs a recall
By dmagruder on 03/26/12 13:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice car, but the body panels (specifically the rear bumper) need to be redesigned. (see below). I am already having to replace it before I've even made my first payment, and Toyota is out of the part because it is in high demand because is a common problem with their current design.

Fun and Awesome!!
By mrc12 on 01/09/12 08:31 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my '12 4Runner. I previously drove an '08 Highlander which I liked very much but it had a very hard ride. I originally never considered the 4Runner because I thought it was too much of a truck. Once I drove it, I realized I was wrong. The ride is smooth and quiet with minimal road noise. The ride is also very soft and floaty. Some people may like this, others not. The vehicle does dip a bit when breaking though. When I hit bumps or ride over RR tracks, I don't feel a thing. I have the sport seats, w/ 3rd row and Entune/NAV package and it is fun to use. The HD radio sounds great for stock. Heads turn when I drive by and I can say this is the most fun I've had driving a car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota 4Runner in VA is:

$143 per month*