2011 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Very pleased so far

2011 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Very pleased so far
By 4runrfan on

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I own an '04 4Runner with 130,000 miles--this SUV has been as close to flawless as possible. It has never broken down on me--never.Time to hand down to daughter so I need a new SUV. Read all the reviews of the '10 and '11 4Runner and lots of negatives reviews had me looking to Jeep GC, BMW X5. Test drove all three, bought the 4Runner two months ago and haven't looked back. Good and bad differences compared to my '04: eliminating the lighted running boards and locking gas cap on the '11 was disappointing, loved my '04 6 engine and it's acceleration, don't love my 11 engine with it's acceleration. '11 is wider interior and way more comfortable leather seats vs. '04. Overall I'm happy with it

Wider interior, very comfortable leather seats. My head doesn't hit the ceiling when I get in. Nice sound system, like the bluetooth for phone calls. Rides great on the highway for a truck based SUV. Off road is awesome. Fit and finish is excellent. This is the last true mid-sized SUV on the market--everything else is for soccer Moms.

Bring back the locking gas cap. Styling-wise, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so I didn't buy this for it's "unique" look but I am surprised that I am getting complements on it's style--though others post how ugly it looks. The thinner metal is true (esp. compared to my '04) but this does not bother me. Minor nit, but the location of the front license plate is too high up on the grill--sticks out like a sore thumb. Most of all--fix the sluggish acceleration ability of the engine. Once you are at highway speeds it's great, getting there is a challenge.