9 of 37 people found this review helpful
Too many negatives.
By emoore20 on
Vehicle2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
ReviewAfter owning the 2011 4runner for less than a month I began to notice several NEGATIVES about the vehicle which werent apparent after one test drive at the dealership.
1)The transmission is very jerky. Pressing on the gas from a dead stop will result in a jerk forward followed by a slight shimmer in the suspension.
2) The vehicle is painfully slow. 3) Vehicle makes a whistling sound or tone that is related to the SUVs aerodynamics (very boxy).
4) Thin sheet metal hood. Shakes at higher speeds. 5) Susceptible to crosswinds.
6) The paint quality is horrible.
7) The breaks on this vehicle feel very spongy and too sensitive.
8) The Variable Stability Control is very abrupt and awkward.
Best FeaturesNice cloth seats, rides high, sliding rear window.
Worst FeaturesEverything - start from scratch and model after the eairler higher quality 4runners.
You must be signed in to post a comment.