After owning the 2011 4runner for less than a month I began to notice several “NEGATIVES” about the vehicle which weren’t apparent after one test drive at the dealership.
1)The transmission is very jerky. Pressing on the gas from a dead stop will result in a jerk forward followed by a slight shimmer in the suspension.
2) The vehicle is painfully slow. 3) Vehicle makes a whistling sound or tone that is related to the SUVs aerodynamics (very boxy).
4) Thin sheet metal hood. Shakes at higher speeds. 5) Susceptible to crosswinds.
6) The paint quality is horrible.
7) The breaks on this vehicle feel very spongy and too sensitive.
8) The Variable Stability Control is very abrupt and awkward.