After owning the 2011 4runner for less than a month I began to notice several “NEGATIVES” about the vehicle which weren’t apparent after one test drive at the dealership.
1)The transmission is very jerky. Pressing on the gas from a dead stop will result in a jerk forward followed by a slight shimmer in the suspension.
2) The vehicle is painfully slow. 3) Vehicle makes a whistling sound or tone that is related to the SUVs aerodynamics (very boxy).
4) Thin sheet metal hood. Shakes at higher speeds. 5) Susceptible to crosswinds.
6) The paint quality is horrible.
7) The breaks on this vehicle feel very spongy and too sensitive.
8) The Variable Stability Control is very abrupt and awkward.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.