2011 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Solid choice

2011 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

Solid choice
By hjg1 on

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy the 4Runner and it has met all my expectations. I wanted a truck with the SUV body and that is exactly what it is. I was also aware that the vehicle is a bit underpowered and am I fine with that. We also own a 2010 Highlander Limited. The Highlander is more like a car to me now than a crossover SUV. Anyone who complains about not having an assisted tail gate clearly should be buy another vehicle, or needs to go to the gym.

Massive sized sun roof. Open the sun roof, all four windows, and the rear window in seconds because of the automatic up/down feature on those buttons. Who needs a convertible when you have those features, its great. The ride is a bit stiff but not too stiff, it is what I expected. Classic Silver paint color looks clean. Sound system is pretty good, I like the tail gating speaker option button.

If there is no V8 option, they should design a package around the TRD supercharger to make sure there are no transmission issues. The supercharger may take a little fuel efficiency but only when you stomp on it. That would be a nice option to consider. Also, they should have the option for floor liners (like weather tech) versus just having carpet matts. I would also like to have the side mirror rotate down when parallel parking. In Chicago, you want to be as close to the curb as possible