Love It! But...
By clinton810 on
2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased my 2011 4Runner in December 2010 with less than 5 miles on it from our local dealer. Loved it! This vehicle can handle anything you throw at it. We got hammered with snow and in 4WD it is like snow isn't even an issue. Great gas mileage for a car this size. I am getting around 19.5 MPG with only about 6000 miles on it so far not even broken in yet. About 70% city driving and 30% highway. Only a couple knocks on the car. The engine is loud and makes a weird noise. I had it in for service and was told that these are known to have loud fuel injectors. Did some research and found some information this so it isn't complete B/S. No automatic car wash can get back window clean.
Favorite Features
The height and smooth ride of the car make it a blast to drive. Very comfortable no matter what you are driving on it doesn't matter. Roll down back window is awesome.
Suggested Improvements
Engine noise. Cannot hear anything outside of the car but inside when the radio is off it sounds like crap. Most of the Toyota's I have ridden in have quite motors not this one. When I take this through an automatic car wash the door sills are always dirty as well as the back window. Kind of a silly complaint but the design of it no car wash can seem to do the trick. Brushes, Brushless it doesn't matter windows and sills always dirty.