Impressed, as expected.
By foq on
2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Well, this is my first truck since I served in military in other country. All my other cars were track runners so I never thought I'd enjoy driving a truck.. as those normally lack power or turning capability. Well, I was in for a treat. truck saved me a few times so far, and the offorad capability was a blessing. Build quality is impressive, interior is great. this truck could use more power, definitely, but for the weight / room / options, the power is ok. On the road it feels like a road truck, off road it feels like a decent, off-road built vehicle. Very happy with this investment. Oh, and estimated MPGs are wrong.. I get anywhere between 18.2-22, depending on areas. 17.5 in Chicago.
Favorite Features
Design is fantastic. Exterior is mean and manly. Interior logical and easy to work around/on. On the high speed the trucks like a larger CUV, minimal wind shake, grips road well, capable of sharp lane changes without top heavy explorer-like balancing. Easy to park (as easy as a large SUV can be), a lot of room, easy to work on.
Suggested Improvements
Options. need more of them. Could use a supercharger or a stronger v8 motor (I know I can go lexus route, but..why? :) ) Could use better tires form the lot. Less space wasted in the rear portion, better sub. Option for Projector headlights and a TRD exhaust would be a popular buy, I think