2011 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Great vehicle for me
By UpState NY on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner SUV Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Over 15,000 miles and not a single problem, and it performs as advertised. The Trail version has been great for off-road, winter driving, and long trips. I tow a 3500 lbs camper, with 2 canoes on roof, easily (about 12 mpg with big hills in ADK), but day-in-day-out driving on hilly Upstate back roads I average around 19 mpg. Longer trips I average from 20 to 21 mpg highway. Kids like the back sets that can recline a bit. Overall I like the functionality of the various standard Trail options/controls.

Excellent Job Toyota!
By John on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After reading the reviews here I had a hard time making the final decision, most people here were way off in their criticisms Let me go over the criticisms: Power-Excellent Does not need a V8 whatsoever. Took it loaded with 4 people to the Top of Mt. Evans, CO with NO problem. It outperformed my 07 Tahoe with big V8 and 320 HP. car buy a highlander. Cheap Plastic interior parts Ok, if you want refined luxury buy a Lexus. This car is not for you. Parts are practical and easy to use.

Great job, Toyota!
By Mike on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second 4Runner, my first being a 2006 SR5 4WD. I have also driven a 2000 SR5. Toyota has done an excellent job with the redesign of this vehicle. It still feels like a 4Runner, but has better power, comfort and refinement all around. I am hard pressed to find a reason for some of the negative reviews I have read, as the vehicle is as good as it gets for a SUV. I am averaging 19.5 mpg, the seats are very comfortable, the engine has plenty of power, the turning radius is small, the suspension soaks up everything, and the vehicle just has an overall feel of quality. The '10 4Runner has remained true to its roots, but is better than ever.

Just got 2011
By nothardly on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After much study and driving vehicles all year,I ordered the 4runner. Over the years I have owned Suburbans, Jeeps,Corvette,300ZX,Chevy Pickups,Audi and more. The only time I felt this satisfied with my decision on driving off the dealers lot was the Z. No picking it apart,just a feeling of I got what I paid for. Interior in the factory sand leather with black exterior is classic. It is so easy to get in and out without running boards, the seats are positioned just right and very comfortable. The doors are solid and standing under the rear lift is superb no ducking for 6'2", wow. Wife is 5'7" and she said I can just slide right into the seat. Just buy it if you like riding up high.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota 4Runner Suv in VA is:

$135 per month*