2011 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
After 25000 miles in 14 months
By nz4runner on 05/06/11 14:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Cannot go wrong with this. After driving a Accord, MAXIMA, BMW, i can say that Toyota offers best of both worlds (value and comfort). Never had a problem with my my 4runner. Getting 20 mpg in mixed driving. Handles bumps and potholes like it can cream them. Rides on softer side and thus gets tremendus off road abilities. Went through 2 feet of water on a flooded street and did not feel a thing. It accelerates slowler than other crossovers but once on the move it can fly like a jet.

Too many negatives.
By emoore20 on 05/02/11 20:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning the 2011 4runner for less than a month I began to notice several “NEGATIVES” about the vehicle which weren’t apparent after one test drive at the dealership. 1)The transmission is very jerky. Pressing on the gas from a dead stop will result in a jerk forward followed by a slight shimmer in the suspension. 2) The vehicle is painfully slow. 3) Vehicle makes a whistling sound or tone that is related to the SUVs aerodynamics (very boxy). 4) Thin sheet metal hood. Shakes at higher speeds. 5) Susceptible to crosswinds. 6) The paint quality is horrible. 7) The breaks on this vehicle feel very spongy and too sensitive. 8) The Variable Stability Control is very abrupt and awkward.

Hate my 2011 Toyota 4runner
By toyota02011 on 04/02/11 20:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first experience with toyota and I hate my 4 runner. Poor design of the running boards- they are useless!!! Also what vehicle now days doesn't have an automatic rear hatch. I have the limited model with all the bells and whistles and I think it still feels cheaply made. Very disappointed!!! I want my 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe back. Not a family friendly vehicle. You can't get kids in and out of carseats with the worthless running board in the backseat.

Love it!
By rogersglobal on 03/15/11 23:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good! To date this is by far the best SUV I've owned. Toyota paid close attention to all the details and my 4Runner Trail Edition hasn't disappointed me yet.

So Far It's Great! 2011 SR5 4WD 6 cyl
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had my 2011 4Runner since 10/29/10. Right out fo the gate, there is a slight engine stutter between 40 mph and 50 mph - haven't taken it in yet as it doesn't impact performance . So far I've taken it off-road; sand/mud/snow, as well as day-to-day pavement. This thing is GREAT ALL-AROUND. I got just over 200K miles out of my Chevy Trailblazer and expect to get at least that out of this 4Runner.

Nice
By Colorado Kid on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased our 11' 4runner - Pearl White, black leather. Couldn't be happier- this 4runner remains as quiet and solid as my 06'. Don't know of another vehicle (especially in Colorado) that holds its value and performs as well as 4 runners do. Test drive one and compare; I did and will always have a 4 runner in my garage.

Happy and Disappointed
By cwpa on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my Honda Pilot on the 4runner to get back into a Toyota. While the materials and I think build quality is much better on the Toyota, the seats in the 4runner are very uncomfortable compared to the Pilot. After having it a few weeks, between the ride, seats being too short on the bottom and the lack of interior size compared to the Pilot, I may end up going back to Honda. The car purchase taught me that no car is perfect, I need Toyota build quality, Pilot interior size and ride. What is interesting is that the power of this 4runner seems less than my 2006 I had. I would drive it for decent test drive to see if you can tolerate the truck ride and seat comfort.

Love this 4runner; loved last 4runner
By 4runnersRock on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sold 1998 v6 ltd 4runner for 2011. Couldn't afford Ltd, but no regrets. Tried a few crossovers first(Highlander & glitzy cheaper Veracruz) but once in 4runner I knew it was the one. V6 in 2011 is so much more powerful than v6 in 1998(w/o giving up same gas mileage- avg 19.8 mpg), more spacious too & rides high which makes me feel like a queen & easy to see when navigating traffic. Love Toy kept the power tailgate window (no one else has this). Fold down flat back seats- great for dogs & hauling long items. Cargo space better than crossovers. 4runner's great quality, reliability, style, rear psgr heat, & 2-year Free maint very nice to have. Will keep 12+ yrs again. Very happy w/ choice!

1200 miles, and very happy.
By gw on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 1st 4R but on 3rd Taco pickup. I purchased 10 days ago and just completed a road trip. I tried a new Highlander,Camry,Avalon as well as a used Lexus car and Acura MDX and TL; settled on the 4R as it felt better than the rest. I also own a '02 Accord I bought new, and while a good car I feel it doesn’t match Toyota quality. I found some criticisms something to watch for,but exaggerated. The break booster sound is noticeable with the radio off, but not a big concern. I have not noticed hood vibration, cheap sounding doors, or problems with the brake feel, and the horn is fine. The performance and ride is great. I have yet to try accelerate quickly or tow anything. Love it so far.

Excellent Quality
By Jake on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving the 2011 4Runner for about a week now and every single time I hop in, I like it even more. The ride is smooth, even over not so favorable roads (Dirt/Sand/Holes). I have been averaging about 19.8 MPG mixed driving. The engine puts out a lot of power for a V-6. By the way, I tried the pathfinder, pilot, and a couple of crossovers and this 4runner blows them out of the water. Toyota did a great job on this model.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota 4Runner in VA is:

$136 per month*