1200 miles, and very happy.
By gw on
2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
My 1st 4R but on 3rd Taco pickup. I purchased 10 days ago and just completed a road trip. I tried a new Highlander,Camry,Avalon as well as a used Lexus car and Acura MDX and TL; settled on the 4R as it felt better than the rest. I also own a '02 Accord I bought new, and while a good car I feel it doesn’t match Toyota quality. I found some criticisms something to watch for,but exaggerated. The break booster sound is noticeable with the radio off, but not a big concern. I have not noticed hood vibration, cheap sounding doors, or problems with the brake feel, and the horn is fine. The performance and ride is great. I have yet to try accelerate quickly or tow anything. Love it so far.
Favorite Features
Ride height (not sure it really needs running boards except when you try to wash the top, just something to try avoid on the way out without muddying your pants), interior and exterior styling, comfort, quietness, gas mileage, JBL stereo, Toyota quality.
Suggested Improvements
Mudflaps std. T has been good before with std 4WD mudflaps, I am upset by other manufacturers not including them on pricey and high setting 4WDs so they can throw rocks onto your car on the highway. And I wished T offered more options without having to upgrade to a pricier model.