Used 2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Love my Freda the 4-Runner-Limited
By Cathy Moore

2011 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 4-Runner Thanksgiving of 2011 & I wouldn't trade her for any other vehicle on the road. She has been to Mackinac, North Carolina (twice) South Carolina, Georgia, Oklahoma, New Orleans & never had her in the shop for repairs. We live in NW Ohio where the winters have been pretty brutal the last couple years & she never failed to get me through deep snow & rough roads. We will keep her till the wheels rust off. My husband has a 2007 Tundra that also is still going strong with no shop repairs. Toyota makes the best vehicles on the road bar none.

OK but not great
By Curtis

2011 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the 2011 4Runner with a 3rd row seat for our growing family. The one thing I can't get over is how under powered the V6 engine is. It will not accelerate unless you floor it, and even then it isn't that great. The interior is nice and functional, but another one of my pet peeves is that it doesn't have auto headlights, which is strange considering it a 2011. The car works well as an everyday driver around town, but struggles on hills and on the Hwy. I won't be buying another Toyota after this one.

Great Car Horrible Tires
By nunnally

2011 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this SUV but there is one small problem. THE TIRES ARE NOT AVAILABLE!!!! One of the tires blew out last night after having this car for ONE Week. The dealer told us the tire is not under the bumper to bumper warranty. We would have to purchase a new on if we can find one. The dealership told me that the tire is on national back order. Then they said the last time they had to order one of these Yokohama Geolander 245/60R20 tires it took over 3 months for it to come in. YOU THINK THIS IS SOMETHING TOYOTA WOULD HAVE TO DISCLOSE BEFORE THE SALE! Toyota really screwed us on this one. Stay away from this car unless you know how to fabricate you own tires.

Toyota- Plan ahead. People will need tires on your vehicle eventually. Engineer this vehicle to accept a tire that is commonly available.

Solid reliable choice
By avoncarguy

2011 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 4Runner is simply one of the most reliable long-term ownership SUV's out there - the statistics on how many are still on the road are off the charts (over 90% I believe). This feels as if it was carved out of a solid piece of steel. That reliability is the main reason why I purchased mine. We have two Toyota's - in additon to the 4Runner we also have a Highlander as well. The Highlander has more space to be honest / better for my wife & daughter, but it lacks the truck-like qualities I wanted (hence the 4Runner).

Reliability, fit & finish, looks, interior.

The brakes to be honest are not that great - Toyota really needs to improve them on this model. Could use more power as well.

Solid truck
By avoncarguy

2011 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research into different SUV options and the 4Runner came out on top. The European options such as the Land Rover, MB M-class, and BMW X-series are all great options, however in these tough economic times the cost differential simply can't be justified - initial purchase price will be $10k+ over a Japanese option and the maintenance charges are outrageous. Since I do not anticipate going off road, I opted for the 4x2 Limited model. Looks just as good and it is a bit cheaper. While the truck may not be that exciting in terms of fun to drive, the reliability is the main reason I bought it. Do some research and you'll be amazed at the statistics around the 4Runner.

Exterior and interior style, reliability.

The breaks are a bit weak. Toyota definitely needs to beef up the breaks on the 4Runner.

• SUV