2011 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
huge improvement
By feralcat on 02/24/13 15:18 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I refused to buy the previous generation 4Runner because it was too small and wimpy looking. My 2011 trail edition has been problem-free and has gone through several rough jeep trails without breathing hard. The size is perfect for us. The increased horsepower of the V6 is enough for long grades. I would and will get this again when the lease expires.

Shocks...Please Ignore Earlier Comment
By alfonso_bedoya on 08/19/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In an earlier post, a consumer commented on the weakness of the Toyota OEM shocks. The comment is inaccurate. The poster describes a condition which is clearly the result of driving style, not the performance of a 5,000lb truck. If you drive a truck the same as you may drive a BMW, the results will be dramatic and perhaps traumatic. Changing to Bilstein shocks will not help this problem. The shocks are fine. It ain't the car. And no, I do not work with or for Toyota in any way. i have been in the automotive biz my entire life and involved with motorsports for 30+ year, but never with Toyota.

So Glad to be back in a 4runner!
By roedrunner on 05/13/11 16:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I previously had a 2005 4runner I had for almost 5 yrs (that I LOVED) and my brother talked me in to selling it to him. With a heavy heart I did so. I thought I'd try something new, so I bought a GMC Acadia, though roomy, it wasn't me and I sold it in 8 mos. Thought I'd try something different, so I looked at the Infinity EX35 and bought that. What was I thinking? Had it about a year until I could order a Trail to my exact specs. Yep, no test drive, nothing. I was excited to get back into a 4runner (which would feel like home). Well I've had Big Red (2010 Trail) for over a year now, and indeed, it does feel like home. 21K miles and I LOVE my truck!

Love it!
By rogersglobal on 03/15/11 23:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good! To date this is by far the best SUV I've owned. Toyota paid close attention to all the details and my 4Runner Trail Edition hasn't disappointed me yet.

Great vehicle for me
By UpState NY on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Over 15,000 miles and not a single problem, and it performs as advertised. The Trail version has been great for off-road, winter driving, and long trips. I tow a 3500 lbs camper, with 2 canoes on roof, easily (about 12 mpg with big hills in ADK), but day-in-day-out driving on hilly Upstate back roads I average around 19 mpg. Longer trips I average from 20 to 21 mpg highway. Kids like the back sets that can recline a bit. Overall I like the functionality of the various standard Trail options/controls.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota 4Runner in VA is:

$161 per month*