2011 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Great Car Horrible Tires
By nunnally on 10/08/12 14:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this SUV but there is one small problem. THE TIRES ARE NOT AVAILABLE!!!! One of the tires blew out last night after having this car for ONE Week. The dealer told us the tire is not under the bumper to bumper warranty. We would have to purchase a new on if we can find one. The dealership told me that the tire is on national back order. Then they said the last time they had to order one of these Yokohama Geolander 245/60R20 tires it took over 3 months for it to come in. YOU THINK THIS IS SOMETHING TOYOTA WOULD HAVE TO DISCLOSE BEFORE THE SALE! Toyota really screwed us on this one. Stay away from this car unless you know how to fabricate you own tires.

Solid reliable choice
By avoncarguy on 04/24/12 12:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 4Runner is simply one of the most reliable long-term ownership SUV's out there - the statistics on how many are still on the road are off the charts (over 90% I believe). This feels as if it was carved out of a solid piece of steel. That reliability is the main reason why I purchased mine. We have two Toyota's - in additon to the 4Runner we also have a Highlander as well. The Highlander has more space to be honest / better for my wife & daughter, but it lacks the truck-like qualities I wanted (hence the 4Runner).

Solid truck
By avoncarguy on 01/24/12 12:05 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research into different SUV options and the 4Runner came out on top. The European options such as the Land Rover, MB M-class, and BMW X-series are all great options, however in these tough economic times the cost differential simply can't be justified - initial purchase price will be $10k+ over a Japanese option and the maintenance charges are outrageous. Since I do not anticipate going off road, I opted for the 4x2 Limited model. Looks just as good and it is a bit cheaper. While the truck may not be that exciting in terms of fun to drive, the reliability is the main reason I bought it. Do some research and you'll be amazed at the statistics around the 4Runner.

Hate my 2011 Toyota 4runner
By toyota02011 on 04/02/11 20:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first experience with toyota and I hate my 4 runner. Poor design of the running boards- they are useless!!! Also what vehicle now days doesn't have an automatic rear hatch. I have the limited model with all the bells and whistles and I think it still feels cheaply made. Very disappointed!!! I want my 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe back. Not a family friendly vehicle. You can't get kids in and out of carseats with the worthless running board in the backseat.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota 4Runner in VA is:

$147 per month*