Used 2011 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

everyone wants my car
By Julia

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I will run this vehicle into the ground and judging my my uncle with a '97 @ 300k ...that's going to take a while. Bought this car pre-owned (64k) almost 2 years ago. I have the limited 4x4 which is AWD all the time. I drive mostly short city trips and then I frequently take road trips (at (89k now). I've had this car in every weather condition and I'm so thankful for that. Last week I got caught in a flash flood on the way to Vegas and while other cars were loosing control in deep puddles, the traction control kicked in/ AWD helped on multiple accounts to keep us center. Handles well in snow, sand, rocks, ect. It handled really well going down a steep curved hill in snow. In high winds, I barely feel it. I can fit more in this SUV with the seats folded down than a Tacoma (length wise). I work at a Toyota Dealership so I can see all the service records, and there's never been a major issue, even while they were certifying the vehicle for resale. I have to admit, it's probably due to the city driving, but my MPG has decreased since I bought it 18 down to 15/16. Handles well and can stop on a dime. A month after getting it, another 4Runner merged into me and I barely felt it although the whole right side needed to be replaced. Overall solid car. The navigation is due for an update, and the voice command is really annoying/inaccurate/long. (I recommend a '14 and up, cause they improved it drastically). Overall, I'm in love with this car and my friends always beg to ride in it for road trips. 12 plus hours, and you're still comfortable. The 3rd row should not be considered for regular use, and it's small and not very comfortable. However, for short, infrequent rides, it's a really nice option to have. If you're considering a package that doesn't come with a back up camera, I recommend getting one installed. Regardless of the kind of driver you are, stock this is a tall vehicle. I'm 5'8 and thin and my boyfriend is 6'2 and has an extremely wide build. We both sit comfortably. I've had kids aged 4-9 sit in my back seat. The boosters/car seats are super easy because everything is so high up. Although, they all struggle to get inside the car so if you have small kids or you're short, invest in running boards.

4runner FanAtic
By Larry Smith

2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second 4Runner & it is everything my 06 was & more! Great work & recreational vehicle rolled into one reliable package. I can carry tools & a Little Giant ladder for work, or our three large Akitas for hiking. Fuel consumption is better too with an average of 20 - 21 mpg.

Love my Freda the 4-Runner-Limited
By Cathy Moore

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 4-Runner Thanksgiving of 2011 & I wouldn't trade her for any other vehicle on the road.
She has been to Mackinac, North Carolina (twice) South Carolina, Georgia, Oklahoma, New Orleans & never had her in the shop for repairs.
We live in NW Ohio where the winters have been pretty brutal the last couple years & she never failed to get me through deep snow & rough roads.
We will keep her till the wheels rust off.
My husband has a 2007 Tundra that also is still going strong with no shop repairs.
Toyota makes the best vehicles on the road bar none.

OK but not great
By Curtis

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the 2011 4Runner with a 3rd row seat for our growing family. The one thing I can't get over is how under powered the V6 engine is. It will not accelerate unless you floor it, and even then it isn't that great. The interior is nice and functional, but another one of my pet peeves is that it doesn't have auto headlights, which is strange considering it a 2011. The car works well as an everyday driver around town, but struggles on hills and on the Hwy. I won't be buying another Toyota after this one.

love my 4runner!
By havoc1649

2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Complaints: noisy blower fan, a little slow to build up when throttled up, complicated NAV (like all others)

Pros: Everything else is great! Strong motor, smooth in all facets. Love the rear pull out deck for the kid's gear, very comfortable leather seats, awesome in poor winter weather, really just a great all around vehicle.

Blower motor fan noise reduction