2010 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Worst Seats

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

Worst Seats
By Ted on

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had 2008 Limited V8,4WD sold and bought 2010 Trail with all the options. First, the seats are like bench seats of churches, so hard. Only a few minutes ride, even my friends complained how hard and uncomfortable they were. I bought many cushions to relieve the hardness, but no solutions. I tried to voice out this problem both to dealership and Toyota HQ. After 3 months, customer service of Toyota wrote to me that could not do anything and sorry for dissatisfaction in advance. No wonder Toyota is losing faithful customers like us. We bought 5 Toyotas including Lexus LX470, all new. I will not buy another Toyota ever again. The new V6 is no match for previous V8, with no MPG advantage.

Kinetic 4wd suspension

Totally redesign seats, sluggish auto trans especially from dead stop and slower speed, seems not to be able to find the proper gear. Much poorer engine performance. Bring the V8 back! Customer oriented customer service desperately needed. Poorer(cheaper) parts need to be replaced.