Very, very Pleased
By Titanpat57 on
2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Looked at the Trail Edition on a Friday night and picked it up on Saturday. Driving to work has become fun again. Toyota has done a great job on this vehicle, from fit and finish to the great off road features. Truly a "one of a kind". The interior layout is easy and compact, coupled with several nice touches of current technology. I came from a loaded Maxda CX9 and the only thing I miss are the heated seats...but with the remote start it's a lot less of an issue. The exterior is brawny yet nimble and extremely stable. It has a true "body on frame" ride...which I missed so much! Unibody construction is nice, but that "truck" feel can't be duplicated.
Favorite Features
The Crawl, locked rear, hill assist (real nice) all the safety features, ATrac, Terrain Select, great brakes, powerful 6 cylinder, SLIDE OUT TRAY! set up for towing and wiring is all done! All the nooks and crannies are awesome! Plus a full size spare.
Suggested Improvements
NO locking gas cap...I mean c'mon Toyota?! Had to pay for carpeted mats which really, really pissed me off..a 37,000$ truck and ya can't throw the mats in?! Another bone of contention is the lack of Toyota OEM running boards..the TRail Edition in Canada comes with em'???