2010 Toyota 4Runner 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love It. Minor Flaws

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

Love It. Minor Flaws
By KG on

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2010 SR5 two months ago. Love the color gray. Averaging 19.5 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. Love the ride--smoother than many cars and most SUVs. I purchased the 2010 model after driving a 1999 SR5 for the last 11 years. Gas mileage is o.k. but I was hoping for a little better (low 20's would have been nice). I like the fuel economy meter and interior gauges and controls. Quality is great so far. I like the masculine looks, inside and out. Here are the minor flaws: no running boards, radio illumination gets washed out (too dim) when the headlights are turned on, rear wiper could be better (why doesn't it swipe the entire back window?). Overall, a great vehicle. No regrets.

Favorite Features

Vehicle looks and feel. Nice, comfortable ride. Relatively fuel efficient. Comfortable seats. Plenty of storage. 3rd row seats are a nice addition, and they fold flat for plenty of cargo capacity. Fit and finish are very good so far.

Suggested Improvements

Better radio illumination when headlights are on, standard running boards, rear wiper should swipe the entire rear window.