Child of '83 Landcruiser and '05 ScionTC
By surfsnow on
2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I have driven my 2010 4Runner 1100 miles and I am very happy. I have finally given up driving my '83 Landcruiser and this is the perfect replacement. It is almost identical to the '83 FJ60 in interior room and design. I feel like Toyota has reached back in time and found the perfect replacement for the old Landcruiser. The previous 4Runner appeared too wimpy (styling) and the FJ did not offer the visibility associated with the original Landcruisers. I'm happy the truck does not have mud collectors (running boards). I am also retiring my Scion TC and I have become a one car household. The 4Runner is a pig compared to the scion but, that is to be expected. Overall, very happy.
Favorite Features
Flat folding rear seats. Moonroof, good styling, reclining rear seats, auxiliary power outlets, "party mode" (Only because of the name), solid feel.
Suggested Improvements
I have never heard a wimpier horn. Rear hatch should be replaced with a tailgate or ambulance doors. Satellite antennae in the middle is going to ding my surfboards. Cross-members on racks need to be higher so items on rack do not scratch the roof.