2010 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Awesome

2010 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Trail 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

By darb1brad on

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2003 4Runner Limited V8 that I totaled in June '10. Wasn't really interested in another 4Runner at first. 4th Gen was too cramped on the interior, always felt too narrow in the driver's seat, but it was admittedly a GREAT truck. Had my mind changed because: 1) NO injuries in the wreck to me or my daughter; and 2) It was 7 years old with 115k miles, and I got 60% of my original purchase price from insurance when it was totaled. New 4Runner, here I come! The Trail is AWESOME. Feels bigger in the interior. Styling is much more masculine than the 4th Gen. Figured out how to turn off economy mode, and throttle response/shift pattern is MUCH better.

Styling, interior and especially exterior. Love the off- road controls - can't get this kind of gear unless you go up to a Range Rover. This was a great purchase.

SO FAR, the V6 has been enough - though I do miss the V8 from the 4th Gen on occasion. Would really love to have the Tundra V8 in this thing, but I'll live! I agree that the Trail really needs some running boards - it's high - though IMHO should be some tubular boards powder coated in black!