Used 2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Love my 4RUNNERS
By Felicia

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd 4RUNNER. I have had the 2003, 2007, and now the 2010 Limited 4RUNNER. I am very satisfied with this one other than the fact that the basics I just knew would be standard are not even available as options. This is the highest 4Runner I've owned, and it has no running boards, go figure, also no wind deflectors available. Love the adjustable, reclining backs, AWESOME! Also very pleased with all the other perks. I'm a Toyota Fan for LIFE!

Adjustable Reclining back seats; various power outlets; large sunroof; exterior look; 20" rims/tire

NO QUESTION, the running boards SHOULD BE STANDARD. Also, could use a little more room on the 3rd row seating. Lastly, the 2007 had the smooth close trunk, this one is very disappointing.

Awesome SUV
By Sean

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up my 4runner last week and absolutely love it. I owned a 99 4runner and always regretted getting rid of it. I've owned many SUVs but nothing has compared to the 4runner. If you are tired of all the new "crossovers" (reworked minivans) and want a true SUV then the 4runner is for you. The new exterior is classic and the interior is highly functional and looks great in leather.

Power back window! (Why doesn't every SUV have this? Besides the utility of it, the air flow with it down is great). Rugged look and feel, rear parking sensors, electric outlets and party-mode on the stereo.

Make navigation and DVD player optional on the SR5. I'm not a big fan of the Limited wheels and tires.

So far, so good!
By TC

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in our '08 Highlander Limited, needed something over 6001 lbs for business tax advantage, very impressed with new model, drives very similar to the HL, but definitely a truck vs HL's car-like drive. We actually prefer to be up a little higher, but it does lumber around like a truck, no worries for us tho. Just as roomy, third row seems smallish, but ends up almost exactly same size and functionality as the HL's. 2nd row has plenty of room, fit and finish are excellent - thx Toyota! Gas mileage as expected - this is not a Corolla folks, don't get a heavy V6 truck and think you can coax 30 mpg out of it, considering what the 4Runner can do, 19-23 mpg is fantastic! no complaints

Great sounding stereo, roomy second seats, clever third row, comfy, capable, looks great in and out, back-up camera, ease of drive, easy in and out even when it sits high, parks easily for its size, all the people that want to look at it :)

power liftgate, memory seats, running boards i guess, but I personally like it without, looks slightly lifted

4runner fan
By Turtle

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I previously had a 2004 4Runner but wrecked it. Loved it! Went 109,000 miles with only normal maintenance. Never changed a light bulb! Have had the 2010 for about a month. It is very similar to the 2004 with a few minor changes. It is larger which I like. Miss a couple things about the old one compared to the new one.

Stereo system and electrical outlets.

Placement of window controls, locking gas cap, rear wiper shabby, interior scratches easily and do not want doors to unlock when put in park.

Worst Seats
By Ted

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had 2008 Limited V8,4WD sold and bought 2010 Trail with all the options. First, the seats are like bench seats of churches, so hard. Only a few minutes ride, even my friends complained how hard and uncomfortable they were. I bought many cushions to relieve the hardness, but no solutions. I tried to voice out this problem both to dealership and Toyota HQ. After 3 months, customer service of Toyota wrote to me that could not do anything and sorry for dissatisfaction in advance. No wonder Toyota is losing faithful customers like us. We bought 5 Toyotas including Lexus LX470, all new. I will not buy another Toyota ever again. The new V6 is no match for previous V8, with no MPG advantage.

Kinetic 4wd suspension

Totally redesign seats, sluggish auto trans especially from dead stop and slower speed, seems not to be able to find the proper gear. Much poorer engine performance. Bring the V8 back! Customer oriented customer service desperately needed. Poorer(cheaper) parts need to be replaced.