2010 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Like it but not love it
By 1st4RUNNER on 03/10/10 20:45 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven older 4's and they felt more solid, this one drives solid, but doors shut tinny, would wait a year to buy, I'm guessing somethings will change, pull out back floor should be an option period, waste of space. Brakes go soft quick and transmission struggles to find a gear, engine and transmission don't seem as smooth as past 4's. Lots of bugs, one day rear defrost works next it doesn't, move side mirrors and rear defrost works again. Anti-lock brakes gave out and now no problems. To keep cost the same on new design Toyota definitely cut corners. Like I said "like It not Love It" for the price I should LOVE IT! Trailer Hitch too short for receiver cause of the full size spare.

Not that sure yet.....
By mark on 03/10/10 17:04 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Got the Trail model in mid January, actually came down to the 4Runner vs a Lexus RX...not your typical comparison. After trading in a 2002 Pathfinder, i figured i would stay with the "truck look". However, although the body look and style is really nice. It's a bit bigger than i thought, (or would have liked). At about 3000 miles now, I cannot even reach 17 mpg, doing about 50% highway,, thought it would be better. The BIGGER concern is today, after braking coming up to a red light, i had a sudden surge of acceleration. This was not imagined, it was VERY REAL. While i was braking, the car had a sudden surge of power. It did stop right away after that so i am going to contact Toyota.

Loving my Toyota 4-Runner
By KC on 03/05/10 14:18 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Toyota 4-Runner after months of looking and driving vehicles. When I saw the new Toyota 4- Runner for the first time, I knew that was the vehicle I was buying. I drove right at two hours to get my vehicle. I love my new vehicle. Vehicle handles great, great gas mileage for the size.

New 4Runner let down; disappointed
By novice editor on 03/05/10 05:34 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Much to my disappointment the new 4Runner falls short in many areas. One of the most glaring issues are the brakes. There is a 2-3 inch depression of the brake pedal before you feel they kick in and only with tremendous effort on the pedal. (It makes me wonder amid the recalls.) The rear end brakes make a 'pop' sound at times and dealer says it's normal:( The vehicle height is a problem, no running boards and instability when facing cross winds. Steering is vague when opposed by the same cross winds. No USB port but a mere MP3 plug for a vehicle of this expense. No running boards either and anyone under 5'11 with have a tough challenge getting in and out of the vehicle.

Dream SUV
By Ramon on 03/01/10 09:11 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the suv this weekend and I have to say I love driving it. The ride is so smooth it's incredible.

THE BEAST
By Alex on 02/26/10 18:08 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought a 2010 4runner Limited magnetic gray metallic ,Very comfortable, feels very stable, i averaged 19.1 40/60 C/H mpg on the trip.Absolutely love this SUV and very happy with professional dealership.

New vs Old
By BILL on 02/24/10 09:47 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2010 is my second 4-Runner Ltd. I just gave my 2005 with 180,000 miles on it to to a brother. The 2005 is still solid and runs like new. The best auto I've ever owned. I have 4,000 miles on the new one.I am pleased with it overall, but the new engine appears to have little more power than the 2005.Quality of mfg materials is inferior to the 2005. They have improved it in many other areas though such as panel layout.

almost perfect
By carmann on 02/22/10 18:39 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

New model is refined and roomy. 4 litre engine puts out V-8 power with V- 6 econony. Excellent towing - ignore the new rating - this SUV will tow 7,000 pounds with ease. Very useful sliding cargo floor, and backup warning device is a welcome feature. Only gripe is the silver painted plastic interior trim parts that easily scratch and cannot be easily fixed. Flawless build quality - typical Toyota. This SUV is in a class by itself. It doesn't pretend to be a crossover - it is a REAL full framed rear-wheel drive heavy duty SUV. It is like having a 7/8 scale Tahoe with a big V6 motor.

my first 4-Runner
By Nat in NM on 02/22/10 18:01 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted something a bit smaller to replace the Land Cruiser, but with low range 4WD. 4-Runner is getting bigger, almost the size of the Sequoia, maybe too big. Happy to have the peppy 6-cyl engine, getting over 21 mpg. Off-road performance is solid, on-road tends to lean in the curves, with a trucklike suspension that could be firmer. Turning radius is great. Styling is trying too hard to look like a Hummer - come on, Toyota, your strong suit has always been simplicity and reliability. I almost didn't buy this one because the hood is so high you can't see the road obstacles. Stereo has way too much bass, maybe the higher end stereo is better.

Mediocre
By Joseph on 02/22/10 14:21 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had for 2 months and about 8k miles. Ok at best.. I too felt really great the first weeks but the flaws are beginning to reveal themselves. Notwithstanding the issues toyota is dealing with right now I have found the quality of this vehicle lacking in several areas. It is decent basic transportation but not much more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota 4Runner in VA is:

$119 per month*