2010 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
my truck
By roverindi on 04/10/10 13:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 4runner, love the feel and ride. I would definitely buy it again. I used to own a 97 ford explorer, but never had a new vehicle. would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. so far my gas mileage is 17.4 and climbing since i picked it up the 2nd week of January 2010. It definitely gets up and goes, could very easily get a speeding ticket in this sub.

Love it with one exception...
By NFLAGIRL on 04/09/10 21:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the vehicle on every level (body design, fuel efficiency, performance, etc..) with one exception. Every single time I am at a traffic light and the A/C is on, the vehicle shakes slightly. Even the very first time I took it out! I paid $41k for it and am disappointed and alarmed by this. However, I must comment that my husband absolutely loves our 4Runner.

Just right (almost)
By Mr. Eclectic on 04/06/10 13:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a body-on-frame SUV with excellent reliability and good mileage. So far, so good! The ride quality is great for a truck and road/wind noise is low. I find the driver comfort high, but suspect that it could be a challenge for those over 6'2". Vehicle handling is very good for a tall, truck-based platform. Worst feature - the iPod control is a joke. Scrolling through songs/artists is done in chunks, each set taking about 2 seconds! Further, it goes back to the "A" position after you start a song. I quickly abandoned that route and use the iPod through the AUX input. The Toyota software developers should be ashamed of themselves.

3rd 4Runner
By Donald Garner on 04/06/10 06:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third 4Runner, sixth Toyota. Never a problem with the 4Runner that required a return to the dealer. I will buy another 4Runner after this one.

After 1 month and 1500 miles
By Intrepid2010 on 03/31/10 11:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is comfortable both in city and highway. The interior design is okay but the exterior design is eye catching. I love the height of the truck. I am getting 18 mpg on mixed driving which is good for a vehicle of its size and class. I live in NY metro area and was always scared of driving over huge bumps and potholes. Now with this truck I embrace them with smile. After driving a high end German sedan I would have to say, if you wan a reliable transportation stick with TOYOTA. They have been making 4WD trucks since last 6 decades and I have seen them lasting forever with minimal maintenance.

Not EnoughTesting
By Not enough Testing on 03/25/10 13:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 4 Runner for 1 month and I must say that Toyota has not impressed me so far. I have a growling noise under the hood and it is really a pain for a SUV with only 2400 miles on it. I also have to agree with other reviews that the sheet metal seems very light. It feels like a $ 6000.00 car (not $36000.00) when you shut the doors, very cheap feeling. I have really outdone the Gas mileage around town averaging 19 plus miles but the Highway mileage is at best 21-23. The services guys say that the computer is learning my driving habits and it takes a while to really get the good mileage(sounds like BS to me). Also I traded in a 2005 Pathfinder and so far the Service at Toyota STINKS.

Toyta 4 Runner
By Mike C on 03/20/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall Very Good, needs running boards and mudflaps. Also, very attractive vehicle, needs more options.

Toyota Missed The Mark A Bit
By gman on 03/20/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a '07 4R and traded for the 2010 4R. The new one is very nice, but it is so much larger and bulkier than the 07. The interior features are square and give a harsher, hard appearance. The locking gas door is gone. Why?? I had to buy a locking gas cap. It is a fine SUV, but if I knew what I know now, I would've kept my 07 4R.

After One Month
By higganum on 03/17/10 12:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We had a 2004 6 cyl 4WD SR5 which we were very pleased with-excellent performance and reliability. We decided to buy the new SR5 and have been driving it 4 weeks. First off, a review at this site describes it as "taller, wider, longer." It is not wider and longer enough to be noticeable-but believe me it is quite a bit taller. Don't buy this unless the woman/children in the family climb in so everyone is on board with the height-it is significantly higher than the previous model. The trade off is the improved off road clearance. The ride is great, acceleration satisfactory, perfect build quality. We started off with 18.5 mpg and our last tank was 21 mpg.

Solid Performer
By Mooney Captain on 03/16/10 16:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had an FJ cruiser with an expired lease term so I traded it in for the 4Runner. It feels solid; the ride quality is definitely truck-like, which is exactly what I wanted. It feels solid all around. Great exterior styling. Inside styling, I was not too keen on but it is growing on me as I drive it more. Off road, this truck is amazing; it begs to be driven off the beaten path. I owned a 3rd. gen. 4Runner and then bailed out when the design became a little too elegant and suburban on the 4th generation. This one captures the truck heritage and the ruggedness of the 2nd and 3rd generation 4Runners. I am glad they stuck with the body-on- frame formula. Very happy so far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota 4Runner in VA is:

$119 per month*