Used 2010 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Great Package
By SoCalSurfer

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at the MDX, RX350, FX35, Q5, Pathfinder and the 4Runner was the best all-around package. Initial target was another Lexus crossover but stumbled upon this body on frame SUV that drives just as smooth on new roads (no exaggeration) but you remember that you are in a real SUV on bumpy areas (though very impressed that it doesn't bounce like the SR5 Limited comes with XREAS). For the price and options this was hands down the winner and also the coolest vehicle in the group. The 4Runner is not perfect but hits a sweet spot.

Styling, Built in Japan, XREAS (amazingly smooth in turns and on pavement), separate temp knobs for each front passenger (love the knobs easy to adjust temp), keyless go, turning radius, 20" wheels, 4WD ability, etc etc

Thin sheet metal on hood (vibrate on fwy?), no projector or HID headlamps, no memory seats, no power lift gate (not even a power close like last gen), no window antenna (mast why on a Limited?), too much exterior chrome, no LED tails, no pwr fold mirrors, poor braking 60-0 148 feet! No 6sp transmission

My 2nd 4 Runner
By 4Runner Mama

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my '04 for the 2010 in December. I live in the country with lots of blowing drifting snow so I knew it would be another 4 Runner for me. Love the styling and going with the full leather package was a wonderful upgrade for me. I have found nothing lacking in comfort and styling in this model. I was very disappointed that running boards were not standard as they were in previous 4 Runners, had to have my dealer retrofit them as I was having difficulty getting in and it was expensive. Also all weather floor mats should have been available! Preferred the tailgate assist too. Don't think it has as much pick up as my 04 until you hit the passing gear!! Overall satisfied with purchase!

Styling, bluetooth, heated seats(real comfy) size, performance in snow and Ice!

Definitely running boards should be standard. Locking gas caps and auto assist tailgate are features I miss!

5th Toyota Owned
By JLW1018

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 5th Toyota my wife and I have owned. We were looking for an SUV after owning a Solara convertible and we could not be happier with the 4Runner. Its comfortable, a blast to drive and fairly easy to maneuver. The exterior is awesome and the interior is greatly laid out and easy to use controls. The MPG has been between 19-22.

The power back window is a must for all SUVs. Love the styling of both the interior and exterior.

I have two complaints. I would like to see a little more room in the third row. I would also like to see the Kinetic suspension offered on the SR5!

Best vehicle I ever owned
By adoihcj

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In my lifetime I've owned over 13 vehicles (from Mercury, Ford, GM to VW, Honda, and Subaru), and this is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. We just hit the 8k mile mark and I enjoy being behind the wheel at all times. Highway driving is fun and off- roading/driving in snow is awesome as well. There's plenty of space for the family (two kids) and ample cargo space for vacations.

Looks (inside and out), interior design and ergonomics, great visibility, smooth shifting, power when you need it, Bluetooth, XM Sat Radio, power sliding rear window, and everything else. Also love that every window (sunroof, rear window, and driver/passenger)are all auto up/down & pinch free.

Screen on radio is hard to see in daytime when wearing sunglasses, or if you need to have the lights on during the day.

Basics Of 4Runner 2010
By Intrepid2010

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After reading so many reviews (good and bad) let me get you some core basics of this vehicle. It is comfy, power is good, good mpg for the size, and good reliability. If you are looking for a city slicker show off car than better go with a X5. But this is for real heavy duty off roading without the sacrifice of the comfort of city/highway driving. It the best of both worlds.

Height, smooth ride, quiet cabin, easy steering.

Make the seats a little softer, make running boards standard, keep the v8 option open for people who wants it...may be the 5.7 L V8 (400 HP) option can be added.