2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
2nd 4Runner
By Melinda on 05/04/10 05:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I sold my '96 4Runner for a '05 Sequoia and returning to the 4Runner. My gas mileage is averaging 4mpg higher than my Sequoia with comparable power. The vehicle is spacious without feeling enormous. The fit and finish inside and out is great. I wasn't crazy about the cartoonish dash and dials but they are growing on me.

Pared Down!
By Mark W on 05/03/10 13:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Lot's less from the '06 to the '10 - 1) No steering wheel controls 2) No locking/interior-release gas cap 3) No auto-latching rear door 4) No auto climate control 5) Less power 6) Thinner sheet metal 7) Power seats are now an add-on option 8) Very pricey

Lemon?
By Lynn68 on 05/03/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far I am not impressed by my new 4Runner in the least. I was so excited to get this truck, as I have had a 4Runner in the past (2004). Now I am regretting my decision. I am taking it back to the dealer for the third time in two weeks. Rattle in the overhead compartment is driving me nuts. My brakes are hard to press and have a metal releasing/vibration feeling to them. Very unnerving. Each time I reach 40mph the engine starts to sputter and miss. Trying to merge onto the highway is a mess. The first time I was told this is "normal for a 4Runner". Then told it was the ECO and to turn it off. No dice. Not at all Toyota "quality".

2010 4 Runner missing some past plusses
By mel-ind on 05/03/10 06:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove my 2002 4Runner into the ground and bought a 2010 4WD. After a few thousand winter miles in the Rockies I got a better ride and better gas mileage than the '02. XM radio and MP3 input are nice. But there are minuses. The rear window gets dirty fast. The overhanging "spoiler" creates a vacuum in the rear that sucks dirt off the road (the '02 has a deflector that pushes clean air down over the window). The rear wiper covers only half the window and you can't clean the window near the spoiler with a gas station squeegee. The interior is wider, more passenger leg room in back. But center console is a big bucket where crap gets lost. Kept the '02.

2010 4Runner
By Yuri on 04/25/10 13:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I switched from a Ford Explorer to 4Runner and I must admit I love my new toy. It's comfy, looks nice, sits high off the ground has awesome options and the leather heated seats in a 4Runner…I mean tough and comfy… I love it! Initially I wanted to go with a black exterior and cloth 3 row interior, but after some more thought, I decided to do the dark gray (magnetic gray metallic) exterior and black leather interior with light gray paneling. It looks very sharp… I am glad I chose the combination over my initial one.

Just bought a 2010 4runner
By DennyG on 04/21/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Took delivery of my 2010 4Runner Limited (Blk/Blk) on April 15, 2010. Love it. Typical Toyota build quality. I've only put 180 miles on it so far, but it is fun to drive, comfortable, great interior passenger space. Would like to see a power rear hatch instead of the manual one. Not too impressed with the sliding rear cargo tray. Takes up space.

Cut Corners
By Don B on 04/20/10 19:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Doors close very tinny - hood very flimsy at highway speeds - very underpowered with V6 - constant shifting with cruise - transmission whinny at low speed. Does not compare to my 2003. Gas mileage is no better than my 2003 V8. Toyota seriously cut corners on this machine. Not recommended -- mine is for sale.

Perfect!
By R.B. on 04/19/10 06:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota is the only make that I will ever buy. The SUV runs great, smooth, quiet and has so many niceties that it makes driving an enjoyable experience. The body of the 4Runner is bold and modern and the internal configuration is very user friendly.

Best Off Roader in the world
By Hofgee Rofgee on 04/15/10 15:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a one of a kind machines. It works wonders off road but is still very comfortable on the pavement.

Another 4-Runner for me
By Ray on 04/15/10 14:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2010 Limited 4-runner 3 weeks ago an so far we are very pleased with the decision. We had previously owned an 04 4 runner which we also liked a lot except that it was a little difficult to control in heavy cross winds. The new 2010 4-runner does not have this problem and seems very stable with any cross-wind. Ride is much smoother than previous generation 4-runner and so far our fuel economy is 18.5 mostly city driving. Wish Toyota had put running boards on as standard. We will have to purchase instead but haven't decided where yet. Overall , very pleased with fit and finish, ride and comfort. Telephone interface/Bluetooth is excellent and the Nav unit is also very good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota 4Runner Suv in NJ is:

$198 per month*