4wd Trail Edition can't be beat
By 4funner on
2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
For years I've wanted a 4Runner and when they came out with the Trail Edition, I finally bought one. Standard rear locking diff, Multi-terrain 4wd select, multi-speed crawl control (like cruise control for 4wd). With the Kinetic Dynamic Suspension system handles like a car at high speeds. In terms of handling, features, and interior comfort there is no vehicle like this. Can't wait for March when I get to test all the 4wd features in southern Utah. Although I wasn't crazy about having to pay $2400 for the Nav system, the 15 JBL speaker system that comes with Nav is amazing.
Favorite Features
Insane 4wd features, very plush interior, water resistant seats in Trail edition, sliding rear cargo deck to make unloading easier, Optitron gauges with floating centers, very easy on the eyes. ECO gauge that lets you know when you're stomping on the gas pedal and needlessly wasting fuel.
Suggested Improvements
On an SUV this equipped for 4 wheeling, rock rails should be standard as should BF Goodrich All Terrain tires and non-plastic bumpers. Don't think any vehicle will ever look as good as 3rd gen 4Runner, but this one is pretty close.