4Runner Happiness
By runnerforbodie on
2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
Have 5100 miles and so far and is exceeding my expectations on MPG and comfort. Just got back from a 1200 mile trip and the reclining back seats were a big hit! The lack of freeway noise and great ride and seats make it an excellent long distance cruiser. Easy to avg 20 MPG overall. In daily 25 mile highwy/city commute I typically get 20.5 MPG with some stop and go driving which is amazing. Exceeding 75 mph gets the MPG to drop slightly below 20 mpg. Also nice to use only regular gas as compared to mid-grade or premium in my Tacoma and Lexus.
Favorite Features
Besides the keyless entry, sport shift and seats, I have to say that the Nav system is much more advanced and easier to use than my 06 Lexus IS. Love the option to view a graph of the MPG over the past 30 minutes. The X-shocks on the limited are worth the upgrade for handling. While you hear some engine noise around town, on the freeway you virtually hear no engine or tire noise which makes me feel like it is an equal to the Lexus GX470 at a bargain price. Having a power rear window I can control makes it great for hauling our dog in the back. Low range 4wheel drive for off road fishing and hunting is nice.
Suggested Improvements
Shape of the headlights and tail lights need improvement. Not sure it needs to be 9 plus inches off the ground making the step in difficult for some passengers. A power tailgate should be offered on the limited and optional on other models. Engine performance is adequate, but wish it had more power to comfortably pull my 21 ft boat up into the mountains. Would probably rather have a flat floor over the sliding rear tray that I have, but could not find a Runner w/o the kid only 3rd row seats with a flat floor. Offer the TRD supercharger as a factor installed engine option.