2010 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Best 4 Runner yet
By Tom on 07/23/10 16:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third 4 Runner 2001-2006-2010 It is by far the best. It is loaded with great features. the ride is excellent along with the handling. the interior/exterior is professionally done with superior workmanship,with attention to detail. Congratulations Toyota for producing such a great product. A job well done.

Fifth 4 Runner Owned
By Nick on 07/23/10 07:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned five 4 runners to date including the original fiberglass cap model and all other generations. This one is the best yet. Drive is firm, acceleration and power fits my needs and the look of it in black with the 20 inch wheels is awesome. In a world of pregnant looking station wagons parading around as SUVs this is a refreshing change. Sound system and navigation system work beyond my expectations.

Best yet
By NIK on 07/21/10 09:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned over the past twenty years, five 4 runners all generations up to this one including the original P/U cap model. This one beats them all. The engine is more than adequate for my needs. The design is aggressive looking especially in black with the 20 inch wheels. The interior is laid out well. Road visibility is great due to the vehicle's height and the ride while truck like is firm and not sloppy. Love the Nav system and the remote start.

Do not buy!
By mathews1010 on 07/18/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I buy my brand new 4runner sr5 2010 and it was big mistake. I hate the brakes! It is so slow and is built with cheap metal. Gas 19 Mpg, I hate my 4runner!

Best 4Runner Yet
By Rich on 07/16/10 15:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 4Runner for 6 months and am extremely happy with it.... except for two things. Running boards should be standard and there should be a locking gas door or locking cap offered. Handling is outstanding in the Limited which I attribute to the x- reas suspension. Brake modulation is also excellent.

Great Package
By SoCalSurfer on 07/12/10 03:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at the MDX, RX350, FX35, Q5, Pathfinder and the 4Runner was the best all-around package. Initial target was another Lexus crossover but stumbled upon this body on frame SUV that drives just as smooth on new roads (no exaggeration) but you remember that you are in a real SUV on bumpy areas (though very impressed that it doesn't bounce like the SR5 — Limited comes with XREAS). For the price and options this was hands down the winner and also the coolest vehicle in the group. The 4Runner is not perfect but hits a sweet spot.

My 2nd 4 Runner
By 4Runner Mama on 07/11/10 17:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my '04 for the 2010 in December. I live in the country with lots of blowing drifting snow so I knew it would be another 4 Runner for me. Love the styling and going with the full leather package was a wonderful upgrade for me. I have found nothing lacking in comfort and styling in this model. I was very disappointed that running boards were not standard as they were in previous 4 Runners, had to have my dealer retrofit them as I was having difficulty getting in and it was expensive. Also all weather floor mats should have been available! Preferred the tailgate assist too. Don't think it has as much pick up as my 04 until you hit the passing gear!! Overall satisfied with purchase!

5th Toyota Owned
By JLW1018 on 07/11/10 07:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 5th Toyota my wife and I have owned. We were looking for an SUV after owning a Solara convertible and we could not be happier with the 4Runner. Its comfortable, a blast to drive and fairly easy to maneuver. The exterior is awesome and the interior is greatly laid out and easy to use controls. The MPG has been between 19-22.

Best vehicle I ever owned
By adoihcj on 06/24/10 09:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In my lifetime I've owned over 13 vehicles (from Mercury, Ford, GM to VW, Honda, and Subaru), and this is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. We just hit the 8k mile mark and I enjoy being behind the wheel at all times. Highway driving is fun and off- roading/driving in snow is awesome as well. There's plenty of space for the family (two kids) and ample cargo space for vacations.

Basics Of 4Runner 2010
By Intrepid2010 on 06/21/10 12:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After reading so many reviews (good and bad) let me get you some core basics of this vehicle. It is comfy, power is good, good mpg for the size, and good reliability. If you are looking for a city slicker show off car than better go with a X5. But this is for real heavy duty off roading without the sacrifice of the comfort of city/highway driving. It the best of both worlds.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota 4Runner in VA is:

$119 per month*