2010 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Real Value
By Carlos S. on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Some reciprocity; I found user reviews a definitive value when deciding upon this purchase. Pros: reliability, build quality, Lexus-like ride (test it), strong engine. Cons: paint quality, no frills interior(not an big issue at the price, sensibility to crosswinds. All in all a great buy, nanny your gas and it will truly reward you.

2nd 4-runner in three years
By Jim T on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 2nd 4-runner I have purchased & while there is a lot to like about the new one. Reliability is the number one reason to buy this vehicle. The brakes are much more grabby. The 270 hp engine is not as powerful as my 07. The ride is harsher than my 07 because of the Dunlap tires on the new one, I believe. The 07 had Michelin that lasted 90,000 miles & thats what I will switch to when these wear out. The 07 had auto assist tailgate; the new one is manual & a bigger heavier door.

Awesome
By darb1brad on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2003 4Runner Limited V8 that I totaled in June '10. Wasn't really interested in another 4Runner at first. 4th Gen was too cramped on the interior, always felt too narrow in the driver's seat, but it was admittedly a GREAT truck. Had my mind changed because: 1) NO injuries in the wreck to me or my daughter; and 2) It was 7 years old with 115k miles, and I got 60% of my original purchase price from insurance when it was totaled. New 4Runner, here I come! The Trail is AWESOME. Feels bigger in the interior. Styling is much more masculine than the 4th Gen. Figured out how to turn off economy mode, and throttle response/shift pattern is MUCH better.

Child of '83 Landcruiser and '05 ScionTC
By surfsnow on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven my 2010 4Runner 1100 miles and I am very happy. I have finally given up driving my '83 Landcruiser and this is the perfect replacement. It is almost identical to the '83 FJ60 in interior room and design. I feel like Toyota has reached back in time and found the perfect replacement for the old Landcruiser. The previous 4Runner appeared too wimpy (styling) and the FJ did not offer the visibility associated with the original Landcruisers. I'm happy the truck does not have mud collectors (running boards). I am also retiring my Scion TC and I have become a one car household. The 4Runner is a pig compared to the scion but, that is to be expected. Overall, very happy.

Love it!
By blacksmithdog on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We had two (basically) two passenger vehicles (a Wrangler and a Mini). Granted, they could carry 4 people in a pinch, but not for any long period of time. We opted to sell the Wrangler. We wanted a 4WD SUV. We couldn't find anything we liked made in the USA, so we broadened our search. The reviews on the 4runner tended to be good so we went and test drove one, and decided to buy one. the dealer didn't have what we wanted in stock, but they looked around and found one that had about the options we wanted, so we agreed to buy it. We picked it up about a week to 10 days later and really love it.

4-runner
By mike on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice sized 4-wheeler with Toyota reliability. Excellent turning radius with good steering feel. Would be nice if the 5.7 v-8 from the Tundra was an option- could use a little more torque going up steep hills. Seems like the Bean Counters took over the final design of the latest 4-runner.

Better Than Reported
By Bob Conklin on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Forget about the sour rating by C.R. This is a great vehicle so far for the month we've owned it. Nice, quiet ride, good handling, peppy V6, good mileage at 19 overall. Smooth shifting trans. Huge cargo area. High quality leather pkg. option adds luxury.

Great SUV
By locopilot on 08/29/10 06:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 08Pathfinder for this 4Runner. I purchased it back in January, and waited until almost 10000 miles before i gave a review. I personally like the exterior, and interior look. Engine is not as powerful as my 08 pathfinder, but I am getting 23 mpg on highway. you have to press the gas pedal hard to get a great acceleration when passing. The truck feels very comfortable, the ride is very smooth, and i enjoy driving it everyday. At first it was hard to get in the truck without running board, but I already got used to it.

Are we driving same vehicle
By regor on 08/25/10 12:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Read all of the reviews and I question if we are driving the same vehicle. Am very happy with the performance. Did not buy a sports car but an SUV. The interior finish is great. All fits well, and the ergonomics are excellent. Have a hard time being comfortable in certain cars, but am very comfortable in this one. Outside finish is flawless. I like the design, but hey, some don't guess we won't all be riding 4 runners. Will comment of fuel economy at a later date, but am happy to this point. Hood does not rattle at high speeds, doors are not flimsy, horn sounds ok it alerts people what more do you want. My wife had not seen the vehicle before purchase, her reaction was "awesome."

Great off the road
By Last Dollar on 08/21/10 14:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just got back from a month in the Colorado Rockies. Had the vehicle over 13,000 ft and it was still looking for trees to climb. Best 4WD I've ever had. Great size to get through narrow, one way passes. Short wheel base & turning radius make switch backs a breeze. One of the smoothest riding vehicles I've ever had on the highway.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota 4Runner in VA is:

$119 per month*