Used 2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

This is a Toyota?
By Russ Blondeck

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car should definitely revive Toyota's declining reputation for sure. I have never owned a better vehicle. It works simple marvels off road, but its still more then comfortable in the city. It blows my wife's g-class out the water. More comfortable both on the beaten path and off-road. I got it lifted, added a bullbar, kc lights, rear Bush guards, and a snorkel, but it still handles like my previous 3 series. The real shocker is though how good it does water fording. I was driving through a lake once that my-off road club goes in often but I ran into a deep spot that we didnt know about. It completely submerged, with just the snorkel sticking out. It was stuck for over 3 seconds but still drove out!

Favorite Features

Off-Road Capability. It simply outclasses anything else in the world and is much better then my previous car (Ford Flex), which could barley go over a speed bump without getting stuck. The only thing I miss is the panorama sunroof. Besides that, this car is flawless. Can't wait for the 2011!

Suggested Improvements

Diesel engine and redesign the interior. Offer heated, cooled, and massaging front+rear seats. Heated steering wheel. Different nav. Front, side, and rear parking sensors. Night vision and adaptive headlights. Refrigerator and heated and cooled cup holders. Power reclining front+rear seats. One-touch Windows

Good Commuter, Off Road, Cruiser
By Leon

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck replaced my '04 Highlander Ltd. I was afraid of the gas mileage, but it's almost a tie (19 mpg avg.) The cabin is very well appointed. The seats are very comfortable. Fit and finish are impeccable. My 4Runner LTD Edition is not wallowing excessively at all, as some reviews indicate. While the ride is not as carlike as crossover's, the good olí feel of the body on frame is worth the compromise. On the positive side, it glides over New England's potholes with aplomb without any sign or sound of the suspension destruction. I hope that this truck will be safe, much more durable than my previous, and last longer with little maintenance."

Favorite Features

Sound, Electronics, 4 wheel drive on Ltd, Great Looks, Rugged, Smart Cargo Materials, Durable.

Suggested Improvements

Diesel option for power plant, at some point. Lack of manual tranny for enthusiasts. No Running Boards?

A truly American SUV
By extoyota

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 6th 4runner since 1989 and my last. Toyota got its wish, they are now an American car company. Cheapest, poorest example of a 4Runner i have bought. compared to my previous 5 there is no comparison. Go by something else don't waste 40 grand like me

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

drop the price to about 25k as I feel i can buy equal quality for about that money

Love This Tuck
By Jena42183

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my 4Runner SR5 4x4 6cyl on Saturday at DCH Brunswick Toyota in N. Brunswick NJ. The dealership was great and gave us a good deal. I absolutely love the truck, it's such a smooth ride for an SUV. I've had a 2003 and 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee and this truck is 10x better. I will be back in another 3 years for another!

Favorite Features

Its huge! They made it so much bigger then other midsized SUVs. The cargo space is unbelievable. I love my Blizzard pearl white color also! very classy!

Suggested Improvements

They should make the running boards standard again. Being the truck is higher then ever, I (at 5.1') have a very hard time getting into it. I'm also 5 months pregnant so i will need to have them put on for another $800 very soon!

4 cylinder makes the grade
By CHAD

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2010 4 cyl. 4runner in March. I had a 2005 Toyota Highlander and planned to purchase another one but came across this model on the dealers lot. I bought it because it delivers good gas mileage, has 8 air-bags, neat appointments in interior. Has better outward visibility than the hl, sits 1" higher, and has enough power in the 4 cly. For my use. I am towing a 2000 lb. Pop-top camper and have no interest in going off road. The storage space is adequate, seats fold down flat, dashboard temp., compass, mileage ratings, etc. Are an added plus. After just 1300 miles I am ave. 20.5 mpg. It has sonar for backing up, fog lights, etc. A very good BASIC vehicle for $28,500.

Favorite Features

Bright dashboard, gauges, sonar, seats, high visibility, stereo/XM radio (extra $) steering very good. No problems. Car made in Japan. I have had good success in Toyota made in Japan.

Suggested Improvements

Have running boards available for base model.