Used 2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Wonderful Vehicle
By BrianB

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning many other vehicles and always wanting a 4Runner, I finally got one. I looked at older models over the years and found them to be lacking. Especially in headroom and interior quality. Well, all fixed. Great interior, controls and quality and now headroom. The engine makes good power, very quiet, hands free phone system works very well and the interior is cozy without being cramped. I couldn't be happier.

Bluetooth, NAV and Ipod USB port. The backup camera is nice too.

Mileage could be better, but compared to what's out there it's still decent.

Disappointed
By JC

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2006 Limited that I loved, but I was hit and it was totaled. I purchased the 2010 SR5 last Dec. I'm tough on my trucks as I have dogs and do SAR work in Nor Cal. The 2010 immediately started having little problems; vent piece broken, rubber door seals pulling off, radio flickering, etc. Not the quality I've come to expect. But biggest problem has been the tow hitch wiring receiver. If you plan on towing, good luck! The wiring plug is underneath the vehicle way to the left side. No way is this going to work. Total design flaw. I've been to dealer and they are telling me there's no fix. I'm on my own. NOT GOOD!

roomy, good fabric

Bad window switch design, rear windshield wiper useless, tow hitch trailer plug totally useless

2010 4-Runner SR5
By rsookdeo

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 Limited, but my new 2010 SR5 far surpasses the 05 model. This is a quality built vehicle with a clean interior. I love the rugged look of this vehicle and the luxury ride. Mine came equipped with leather, running boards, spoiler and 3rd row seating. This vehicle sits up higher and has more interior room than the 05 models. The 3rd row seating comes in handy and folds away flat and neat. Looking forward to my first real road trip in the 4Runner.

Ride quality and look, 3 row seats, cup holders, MPG 19 in city so far.

None.

Decent Car
By Bob Whalen

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to go off road, this vehicle will do decent. It's not nearly as good as a wrangler though. It would be better but no front or middle differentials.

Front and Middle Locking Rear Differentials. Fold-Down Front Windshield. Diesel Option.

Good Car
By Bob Whalen

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is simply unstoppable off road. Mountain Peaks, Trailblazing, Water fording, and anything else off the beaten path the car can do without breaking a sweat.

Off-Road Capability.

Front and Center Locking Rear Differentials. More Rear Space. Leather Option on Trail Versions. Folding Out Windows like in the Wrangler. Diesel.