2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Very, very Pleased
By Titanpat57 on 01/27/10 18:41 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at the Trail Edition on a Friday night and picked it up on Saturday. Driving to work has become fun again. Toyota has done a great job on this vehicle, from fit and finish to the great off road features. Truly a "one of a kind". The interior layout is easy and compact, coupled with several nice touches of current technology. I came from a loaded Maxda CX9 and the only thing I miss are the heated seats...but with the remote start it's a lot less of an issue. The exterior is brawny yet nimble and extremely stable. It has a true "body on frame" ride...which I missed so much! Unibody construction is nice, but that "truck" feel can't be duplicated.

Bad to the bone
By Roy A on 01/25/10 10:33 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in Dec and have 2000 miles logged. Vehicle is getting 22 mpg. Very comfortable interior with easy to read gauges. Sound system and blue tooth are excellent. Quality and fit and finish are above average. Fun to drive and overall view when driving good. Paint finish is excellent along with interior. New feature on this model is not having a dipstick for the automatic transmisson. Fluid is changed after 90000 miles. Have backup camera which comes in handy when hooking up my boat, can see hitch with no problem. Toyota has done a very good job with refining this SUV.

Great Vehicle
By Joe on 01/21/10 09:59 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I tow a boat so I feel more comfortable with a body on frame setup. I fell in love with the 4 runner after the first drive. It is comfortable and has a great quiet ride. I got 21 mpg in mixed driving which I was pleasantly surprised. I traded in a 2002 Tahoe which was a great vehicle and I use to get 16.5 mpg under the same driving conditions. My only complaints are that you can't get some options on the SR5. I don't like leather seats, there cold in the winter and hot in the summer, but most of all in my opinion they are not nearly as comfortable as cloth. So I don't want to pay for something I don't like. I don't know why car companies don't offer their upper end models without leather!

Good for Sierra Mountian Roads
By 104Runner on 01/20/10 11:21 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First 1000 miles of driving a pleasure. 19mpg on sierra roads and 24mpg on interstate(65mph). Off road capabilities and height of truck off the snow really closed the deal for me. Plus reliability of Toyota.

Great Vehicle
By cc757 on 01/18/10 22:25 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a 2010 4runner Limited. Love the new body style. Fit and finish up to the usual Toyo standards. Headliner and carpet seem a little cheap for a vehicle of this price. Leather seats are impeccable. Nice ride and quiet. Brakes seem a little weird. The first 2 inches or so of pedal travel are a little spongy, then with a little more pressure, they grab. Will take a little getting used to. The limited has a back-up camera, but the display on the rear view mirror, while cool, would be aided nicely if they included the "beeper" which is only available on the SR5. If you order crossbars for the roof rack after-market, BEWARE..the end caps must be removed to install them and the caps are VERY fragile ..$56 apiece to replace if you break them.

1st of Many 4Runners
By Andy in SA on 01/18/10 20:42 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I had previously had a Honda Ridgeline and traded it in for your Limited 2wd 4Runner in Blizzard White Perl. I was expecting my wife to tell me not to do the trade in but once she saw the 4 Runner and took it for a test drive she was hooked. So far it's been a great SUV. My limited didn't come with the chrome tip but I found one at O'Reilly's for $30.00. Sure beats the $80 plus that Toyota wanted to charge. Not sure why it wasn't included with the Limited anyway.

4 Runner Loves the Colorado Mountains
By SteveinColorado on 01/12/10 10:59 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love that it is wider for more interior room. I have two kids car seats in the back & another person can easily fit between them. Really wanted the 3rd row. The ground clearance is nice for us who like to actually off road a bit. The NAVI & blue tooth work perfect with my iPhone. It took 30 seconds to get the phone connected to the system. Stereo sounds great. Seat warmers have come in handy too. I drove through 1' of untouched snow w/out ever thinking of locking down the 4W high. Driving up I-70 out of Denver was a dream with all power and the breaks have serious stopping power. I do have the Limited w/22" wheels so maybe the brakes are larger?

LOVE IT!
By chili on 01/07/10 17:07 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I debated for weeks as to whether to go with the SR5 or the LTD. Decided to go with the LTD as the higher end options were required (full leather, htd seats, jbl stereo). Got it 2 days ago and it snowed last night. On the way home, I can tell you that this thing is a BEAST in the snow...unbelievable. No slipping and I was trying to spin out. JBL system is outrageously delicious, and the ride is very nice. Headed to Beaver Creek this weekend and plan on testing it up hills, etc.

Love It!
By AW on 01/03/10 15:08 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving my new 2010 4Runner SR5. I have been very surprised by how great the gas mileage is for such a large truck. It drives smoothly, and I am looking forward to keeping it until it has 300,000 miles on it. I purchased the metallic gray, and I love how the darker paint makes the chrome features pop. I had to get use to the bubble lights, but I like them now. It feels like a safe, well built truck.

Excellent 4WD Limited 4Runner
By Tuscaloosa on 12/31/09 21:40 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Build quality appears excellent, on par with Land Cruiser. Excellent ride and comfort with many electronic aides. Navigation and Bluetooth work well as does steering wheel controls. High ride height works well with both short and taller drivers. Overall Mileage around 20 with highway @ 22mpg. AM radio works well with mast antenna. I looked at: BMW, Lexus, and another ML350 but bought 4Runner. The build quality of the 2010 4Runner exceeds my expectation and is better than any previous automobile purchase. 4.0 V6 is all that is needed, it has good torque. Full-time 4WD works perfectly, 20" wheels supply good grip and good ride.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota 4Runner Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*